Time Permitting
The world seems a little less weird and askew today. I'm glad to report the cosmos are realigning themselves.
Tuesday night after the chiropractor I went to Beth's for dinner. They thought I was there to install a curtain rod for them. Which I did. With the set building I've been doing the last couple years, my skills are refreshed, my tools and confidence are better than when I was a carpenter in college. I did do a couple extra measures as a matter of form before installing hardware, and didn't need to change anything.
I was only at rehearsal for about an hour last night. Came home, put my frozen meal in the oven, and had a leisurely dinner. Pretty dull, but I got my theatre hit, and was able to get a good night's sleep before getting up early. I went to my Kiwanis meeting for the first time in a couple months. I don't like getting up at 7AM, and being at a meeting at that time is a challenge. It was our gift auction, which is a fun time and good fundraiser. If you are the least interested in volunteerism check out your local service club like Kiwanis. It's a chance to work with a group, get to know local people you wouldn't otherwise see, and they are looking for young and middle aged people.
After that I was off to the DOL (Department Of Licensing) office to get a couple trip permits for the mini cargo van in my backyard. It belongs to Niki in London, who is trying to get her title from Minnesota, which has been a challenge. I want to take it for a long test drive for several reasons, primarily because it hasn't been driven in a while and I want to be sure I really want to buy it, though I don't expect that to change. Every drive in my truck makes me long for the van. The second permit is to allow me to get the emission test and required work done so the title can be transferred. In the last three or four years the permits have gone from 4 days to 3 days, and from $8 to $23.50.
From the DOL I went over to Kate's house to give her a lift to Seatac Airport. While I was waiting for a few minutes her boyfriend Jim called to be sure she was up and on her way. We got to the airport in plenty of time, no bad traffic, and I headed over to my office without incident.
Today is an official holiday at Expedia. While feeling cruddy the last week, I've not been fully effective. Several things which were causing me conniptions fell into place effortlessly, the joint is nearly empty, and I like it. When I get to a sustained level of feeling behind a holiday comes up at just the right time. I frequently feel behind on Friday evening, only to discover on Saturday I was creating the stress. This time it was real, and taking care of it in a relaxed manner is a treat. So I'm having a holiday at the desk. I'll come back a few hours tomorrow or Saturday, though I could work from home. I've not done much of that, and while it is plenty easy I actually like coming in. Keeps the line between day job and real life a little more clear. Though if I had a long commute it would be a different story.
I'll be going for my follow-up chiropractor appointment in a bit. Then a stop at Larry's Market, a locally owned grocery with both a good selection of standard and gourmet type fare. I'm going to splurge for dinner. Probably a steak, beef or fish. Maybe chops. Suddenly nice thick pork chops sound really good. Like fish and beef, I cook them at inferno on the grill, which keeps most anything moist and tender.
Lots to do today, and having a holiday sure makes it nice. Somehow doing what I want, even though it was an obligation yesterday, is still a great break. Not as much as lounging around the house. Maybe tomorrow.
Tuesday night after the chiropractor I went to Beth's for dinner. They thought I was there to install a curtain rod for them. Which I did. With the set building I've been doing the last couple years, my skills are refreshed, my tools and confidence are better than when I was a carpenter in college. I did do a couple extra measures as a matter of form before installing hardware, and didn't need to change anything.
I was only at rehearsal for about an hour last night. Came home, put my frozen meal in the oven, and had a leisurely dinner. Pretty dull, but I got my theatre hit, and was able to get a good night's sleep before getting up early. I went to my Kiwanis meeting for the first time in a couple months. I don't like getting up at 7AM, and being at a meeting at that time is a challenge. It was our gift auction, which is a fun time and good fundraiser. If you are the least interested in volunteerism check out your local service club like Kiwanis. It's a chance to work with a group, get to know local people you wouldn't otherwise see, and they are looking for young and middle aged people.
After that I was off to the DOL (Department Of Licensing) office to get a couple trip permits for the mini cargo van in my backyard. It belongs to Niki in London, who is trying to get her title from Minnesota, which has been a challenge. I want to take it for a long test drive for several reasons, primarily because it hasn't been driven in a while and I want to be sure I really want to buy it, though I don't expect that to change. Every drive in my truck makes me long for the van. The second permit is to allow me to get the emission test and required work done so the title can be transferred. In the last three or four years the permits have gone from 4 days to 3 days, and from $8 to $23.50.
From the DOL I went over to Kate's house to give her a lift to Seatac Airport. While I was waiting for a few minutes her boyfriend Jim called to be sure she was up and on her way. We got to the airport in plenty of time, no bad traffic, and I headed over to my office without incident.
Today is an official holiday at Expedia. While feeling cruddy the last week, I've not been fully effective. Several things which were causing me conniptions fell into place effortlessly, the joint is nearly empty, and I like it. When I get to a sustained level of feeling behind a holiday comes up at just the right time. I frequently feel behind on Friday evening, only to discover on Saturday I was creating the stress. This time it was real, and taking care of it in a relaxed manner is a treat. So I'm having a holiday at the desk. I'll come back a few hours tomorrow or Saturday, though I could work from home. I've not done much of that, and while it is plenty easy I actually like coming in. Keeps the line between day job and real life a little more clear. Though if I had a long commute it would be a different story.
I'll be going for my follow-up chiropractor appointment in a bit. Then a stop at Larry's Market, a locally owned grocery with both a good selection of standard and gourmet type fare. I'm going to splurge for dinner. Probably a steak, beef or fish. Maybe chops. Suddenly nice thick pork chops sound really good. Like fish and beef, I cook them at inferno on the grill, which keeps most anything moist and tender.
Lots to do today, and having a holiday sure makes it nice. Somehow doing what I want, even though it was an obligation yesterday, is still a great break. Not as much as lounging around the house. Maybe tomorrow.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home