Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Just a Spoonful of Sugar

Yesterday my naturopathic chiropractor commented on how busy I was and insisted I come back again later in the week. Well I've actually been a little less busy, but felt stressed at work for no particular reason, except feeling a little dehydrated and unfocused.

Feel wretched today. Crawly skin, tense musculature, cranky. Say "Hi" to me I'm likely to rub my neck and reply, "Screw off." Or offer you a ride to and from the airport. It's a freaking roulette today.

In a few minutes I'm heading off to Freehold to drop off my check for Expressive Mask next quarter, and td/stage manage/set design for a rehearsal. My great friend Paula directing, two great actors, and a dialect coach I know as the instructor of my voice class a while back. I'll only stay for part of the rehearsal. I just happened to have a New York accent cd and booklet, which I burned and copied for the Paula and the actors so I need to be there for at least a few seconds. Theatre makes me happy, so I'll hang out for an hour or two as the process will make me feel better. It will also give my more creative juice for the set I hope to start constructing this weekend. The fact all of these people are wonderful professionals is an added treat.

So, a truncated rehearsal to mend my psyche a bit at 6 PM, then a trip home and a long sleep I hope.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Rutherford said...

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeep.... yeah...

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home