Soft Focus
Last night I went to rehearsal, because I didn't pick up the last minute voice mail saying it was cancelled until I was already there. Paula, figuring I didn't get the message in time met me at the rehearsal space. It gave us an opportunity to play with colors for the set, as we booked the actual theatre space for last night's rehearsal. I also got to test the fogger my brother loaned me. It worked very well, but a little too much attention is needed for this production, in which I will not be present for all the performances. I think it will work well for another production.
Both of us have some reservations about foggers, as often they are over used or inappropriate. I was hoping to have a little fog present when lights come up, quickly fading away. It would work well for the piece, helping set the tone for the ghost, but not a critical need, and the implementation for this production would not be realistic. It did give me ideas for building a simple spreader for the fog, which I will play with later.
After spending 45 minutes or so on that we were done for the evening and I headed home for an early night, getting home a little before 7:30. Pretty early for me.
I love fog. The real stuff. The irony of playing with a fogger then driving home in the fog only occurred to me a few minutes ago. I was coming across the Evergreen Point bridge last night and loving the drive. The rush hour peak traffic was gone, but there were still a lot of cars. The lights from the other cars and the bridge were it. The lights of Seattle behind me, and the lights of Bellevue ahead were completely obscured by the fog. 'Twas a soft, warmly empty and cozy world for a moment.
Earlier, as I left the office the sky had that post sunset color which highlights the horizon so beautifully. I was only able to enjoy it for a minute, as I was was headed east for my chiropractor appointment before going the other way for rehearsal. I'd been thinking of magic the last few days and the bracketing of my theatre commute by atmospheric conditions which I find beautifully mystical was a gift and jumping off point for more musing.
I love the fog.
It is foggy this afternoon, and while looking out the deli window at the hazy view I was again thinking of magic...
Both of us have some reservations about foggers, as often they are over used or inappropriate. I was hoping to have a little fog present when lights come up, quickly fading away. It would work well for the piece, helping set the tone for the ghost, but not a critical need, and the implementation for this production would not be realistic. It did give me ideas for building a simple spreader for the fog, which I will play with later.
After spending 45 minutes or so on that we were done for the evening and I headed home for an early night, getting home a little before 7:30. Pretty early for me.
I love fog. The real stuff. The irony of playing with a fogger then driving home in the fog only occurred to me a few minutes ago. I was coming across the Evergreen Point bridge last night and loving the drive. The rush hour peak traffic was gone, but there were still a lot of cars. The lights from the other cars and the bridge were it. The lights of Seattle behind me, and the lights of Bellevue ahead were completely obscured by the fog. 'Twas a soft, warmly empty and cozy world for a moment.
Earlier, as I left the office the sky had that post sunset color which highlights the horizon so beautifully. I was only able to enjoy it for a minute, as I was was headed east for my chiropractor appointment before going the other way for rehearsal. I'd been thinking of magic the last few days and the bracketing of my theatre commute by atmospheric conditions which I find beautifully mystical was a gift and jumping off point for more musing.
I love the fog.
It is foggy this afternoon, and while looking out the deli window at the hazy view I was again thinking of magic...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home