Grrr
During lunch I stumbled across a w quote on IMDB.
This quote was preceded one of the most telling quotes about our poppinjay in chief, "Is our children learning?" A pretty accurate reflection of his rigorous acumen, and as good an indicator of what his "Leave no child behind" facade is likely to accomplish.
'nuff politics today. Though I still feel like I swallowed the Red Pill.
Everybody seems busy and distracted with the recent holiday and the bigger one coming up. I notice the blogs I read regularly aren't so busy and have fewer comments. Is it the blues, preparations, or the short days?
We sort of finished up our animal work in Mask Wednesday night. I used the lion, which was my animal for Rumors. Several reasons. I had already done the research and had trouble finding time to go to the zoo for the assignment while in the run of the play. The other was I wanted to work on it more for the role, then go deeper as a post-mortem exercise. It is one of the prep items that worked, which I felt could have worked much better. Applying the precepts for Neutral Mask to the animal did deepen the work. There is an elegance in animal movements, full focus and intention on the task at hand. The lion doesn't worry about his tail or how he plants his feet when he stalks or charges. What do you do with your hands on stage? It's not an issue like it was in my first few plays. The focus, listening and intention take care of to a great deal and for me animal work makes a big difference too.
At first I thought animal work was interesting but useless, and in the last couple productions it has been one of my most useful prep tools. In Neutral Mask you work to communicate nothing extraneous. Animals do that naturally, and I am looking forward to integrating the neutral mask and animal work in the future.
Next Monday we'll be humans, with the animals integrated. I am looking forward to that work, and where it will take me. I think taking that work a little farther in this way would have helped immensely in my last show.
"It's amazing I won. I was running against peace, prosperity, and incumbency." (June 14, 2001, speaking to Swedish Prime Minister Goran Perrson, unaware that a live TV camera was running)I got curious and did a web search, and eventually decided it is a valid quote. The trouble is the mythical liberal media does not report on these items very well. I found it on many scholarly sites, nothing on Snopes, and no other debunks so I am satisfied it is true. I would dearly love a copy of that film clip. Michael Moore put the quote in one of his books, but I don't think it is in Fahrenheit 9/11, though I won't know for sure until I have a chance to see it.
This quote was preceded one of the most telling quotes about our poppinjay in chief, "Is our children learning?" A pretty accurate reflection of his rigorous acumen, and as good an indicator of what his "Leave no child behind" facade is likely to accomplish.
'nuff politics today. Though I still feel like I swallowed the Red Pill.
Everybody seems busy and distracted with the recent holiday and the bigger one coming up. I notice the blogs I read regularly aren't so busy and have fewer comments. Is it the blues, preparations, or the short days?
We sort of finished up our animal work in Mask Wednesday night. I used the lion, which was my animal for Rumors. Several reasons. I had already done the research and had trouble finding time to go to the zoo for the assignment while in the run of the play. The other was I wanted to work on it more for the role, then go deeper as a post-mortem exercise. It is one of the prep items that worked, which I felt could have worked much better. Applying the precepts for Neutral Mask to the animal did deepen the work. There is an elegance in animal movements, full focus and intention on the task at hand. The lion doesn't worry about his tail or how he plants his feet when he stalks or charges. What do you do with your hands on stage? It's not an issue like it was in my first few plays. The focus, listening and intention take care of to a great deal and for me animal work makes a big difference too.
At first I thought animal work was interesting but useless, and in the last couple productions it has been one of my most useful prep tools. In Neutral Mask you work to communicate nothing extraneous. Animals do that naturally, and I am looking forward to integrating the neutral mask and animal work in the future.
Next Monday we'll be humans, with the animals integrated. I am looking forward to that work, and where it will take me. I think taking that work a little farther in this way would have helped immensely in my last show.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home