Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Monday, October 04, 2004

Isn't that just great... Another challenge

I received a nice note from Paula this morning regarding a script I'd sent her a while back. She asked if I wanted her feedback (yes!) and had I done a workshop production yet. It was a well-timed bit of encouragement as I am getting back into things.

It also got me to thinking of the Freehold Studio Series, which I have worked on with Paula the last two years. She is collaborating on a new piece called the Alexandria Project, the last I heard. For a change she is going to work with a minimal set. Maybe it'll happen. It will be an all female cast, so there won't be much for me to do on this one, especially if she really goes with a minimal set.

So I'll have more time this year, and I am thinking of giving The Thai Getaway a whirl. It is a drama. I'd started out writing a dark comedy and it went off into personal territory, exploring how we dealt with the frequent deaths of friends and peers in Naval Aviation. I'll need to stew on it for a few days, to see if I have the time. My immediate inclination is to give it a pass because I'm busy, but that quick response begs the challenge. Am I really busy, or am I a afraid to put my work up on the boards? A couple other people have asked what I'm doing for the Studio Series this year, so I'm feeling a little cosmic push, or some friendly nagging. Just when I was feeling comfortable too... :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home