Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Friday, September 17, 2004

Last Weekend

Well, I think I'm going to be at work a bit late, so I'll gab about last weekend while I wait on the SQL Server jobs to finish so I can check my work. Unless you'd rather hear about SQL code. ... I thought not, though it is written beautifully.

I went over to my folks house Saturday afternoon. Their Kiwanis club was having it's 75th anniversary and awards ceremony. Part of the festivities was an auction. I got a watch in the silent auction and was disappointed when I saw it was used. Then someone pointed out it came with a $50 gift certificate I hadn't noticed. Well, that's a great surprise assuming the shop have something I want. I went to my max on a pair of great tickets for the Seattle Rep, offering 75% of the face value. If anyone had looked closer at the tickets they would have seen they were fifth row dead center -- the best seats in the house. I happen to know that because my folks donated their tickets. They usually give me the tickets for the months they are in Arizona, and I'm pleased to help their charity. Now I have two pairs of tickets.

During the live auction I got two more theatre related items. The first was a Marine Corps sword. It is modern, for ceremonial use, though I believe the marines still train with swords a bit. Any marines out there? The saber is pointed, but the edge is blunt. I like swords for some reason. They aren't practical, I don't know have any sword play or fencing skills, I just like a well made one. As I clean my house I hope I find my dress sword from the navy, it is even better looking than this one, though not as pretty as the marine officer's dress sword.

The final item was a ride along with the Port Orchard police. It's always sounded very interesting, and now it will help me prepare for my role as a cop. Which I need to get rolling on. I am looking forward to the ride, and looking forward to the work.

Well, here's hoping the work at the day job paid off... Then off to the house. Truly shameful confession time. I'll probably be stopping at DQ on the way. Not as good as steak any day of the week, but still comfort food of a sort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home