Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Monday, August 30, 2004

Mini-Reunion II

After the fair everybody -- all my siblings, nephews, and nieces -- went to the nearby park on Lake Washington to swim and jet ski. Except for myself. I left to go to a party for our Meisner class. A little over half the people were able to make it, and it was wonderful seeing them again. It felt like renewing bonds with everybody. I made sure I could bring everybody's name and picture to mind before I went.

I still find solace in remembering the class. It is now sentimental, as we are dispersing as we should. Dawn, who couldn't make it, is leaving for New York via Texas. More of us will be leaving. We can't go back, and if we could it would not be the same. We all grew tremendously as artists and humans last year. We followed parallel paths for a year, and we are now growing in different directions.

I will remember every person in that class with foundness, and will likely always consider them friends. That is only one of the gifts from the ensemble. The knowledge and process and depth of soul we earned together in class made us closer friends, and being so close increased what we took away from the class.

I would love the chance to work with any one of my former classmates. I know some will be easier to work with, and others might drive me crazy, and likely my preconceived guesses are all wrong. It doesn't matter one way or the other, because under and over everything, these are people I trust. Every one.

I have enjoyed reconnecting with my other friends now the class is done. I think they are now a little tired of seeing me so much. I need to get involved in another show and continue my training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home