Urban Art
A while back Micha at MotoInternational where I bought my Moto Guzzi and get my maintenance and repairs done had a great suggestion for some pictures. We were talking about taking shots of some reconditioned motorcycles and he mentioned there was a nearby school with nice murals which would make a great backdrop.
On Saturday I drove down to pick up a replacement nut for my shift lever, which had fallen off last Monday evening while I was riding to class. We chatted a bit, and I'd brought up the possibility of doing some shots sometime, and he told me the school was quite nearby so off I went.
They were really nice murals, done in 2001 with all the supplies and labor donated by the artist. I did a little searching, and I believe he was about twenty at the time, probably in the middle of his college career and has continued as an artist. I sent a quick note asking if he wants me to link to future photos I make of these murals.
I shot these in the later afternoon, and I think the morning light would have been much better, and some time when I wake early enough on a Saturday or Sunday I'll back for some better shots. This was originally the Woodrow Wilson Junior High School and is now the Indian Heritage School, and it appears the UW Experimental Education Unit also has a presence there.
Here's an example, one where I used HDR to bring out the image. Here's a link for all five of the images I posted.
On Saturday I drove down to pick up a replacement nut for my shift lever, which had fallen off last Monday evening while I was riding to class. We chatted a bit, and I'd brought up the possibility of doing some shots sometime, and he told me the school was quite nearby so off I went.
They were really nice murals, done in 2001 with all the supplies and labor donated by the artist. I did a little searching, and I believe he was about twenty at the time, probably in the middle of his college career and has continued as an artist. I sent a quick note asking if he wants me to link to future photos I make of these murals.
I shot these in the later afternoon, and I think the morning light would have been much better, and some time when I wake early enough on a Saturday or Sunday I'll back for some better shots. This was originally the Woodrow Wilson Junior High School and is now the Indian Heritage School, and it appears the UW Experimental Education Unit also has a presence there.
Here's an example, one where I used HDR to bring out the image. Here's a link for all five of the images I posted.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home