Meandering
I was thinking about "heroic measures" in the medical sense. The survival rate for heart attacks are at a level which not long ago would have been unimagined. I probably got on this line of thought because tragedies still happen. I stumbled across the news that two months ago today Andy Hallett died of congestive heart failure. He was the host, Lorne, in Angel which I have been watching. Damn, he was young.
Then I thought of Darth Cheney. Here's a greedy (mr. Halliburton), cowardly (mr. multiple-draft-deferments), vicious (mr. torture), and amoral (duh!) creature. The doctors who helped this thing survive, do they look back and see anything heroic? Is this perhaps an even worse tragedy than the talented actor to did not survive?
ps - I love the gop operative (who was Colin Powell's chief of staff) that described Darth Cheney as "lonely, paranoid, frightened Dick Cheney."
Here's the picture BD mentioned, "Aaron's Old Man," followed by another which more clearly shows why they call it the "Old Man."


Here's the bus in which a year and a half ago I wrote my first full length play. (Still needs workshopping...). And six months ago where it was just too cold. With the small wood stove and damp firewood it doesn't warm up once the temp is below 15 F. At least not after a couple hours...

This is about a hundred feet down from the bus.
Then I thought of Darth Cheney. Here's a greedy (mr. Halliburton), cowardly (mr. multiple-draft-deferments), vicious (mr. torture), and amoral (duh!) creature. The doctors who helped this thing survive, do they look back and see anything heroic? Is this perhaps an even worse tragedy than the talented actor to did not survive?
ps - I love the gop operative (who was Colin Powell's chief of staff) that described Darth Cheney as "lonely, paranoid, frightened Dick Cheney."
Here's the picture BD mentioned, "Aaron's Old Man," followed by another which more clearly shows why they call it the "Old Man."
Here's the bus in which a year and a half ago I wrote my first full length play. (Still needs workshopping...). And six months ago where it was just too cold. With the small wood stove and damp firewood it doesn't warm up once the temp is below 15 F. At least not after a couple hours...
This is about a hundred feet down from the bus.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home