Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Thursday, September 18, 2008

Turn About is Not Fair?
    -or-
Precedents Don't Count for People Who Matter

I believe hacking someone's E-mail is wrong. Period. That's because I respect the constitution and believe in privacy and a host of other things for which the neocons degrade us moderates and progressives.

I really am crying a thimble full of crocodile tears for Palin. She represents the far right which believe privacy and other personal safeties are quaint and have no weight compared to what they perceive as their common good. Our current leaders don't even believe these safeties merit dialog before abrogating 200+ year precedents.

So, the hackers who have bought and sold our government will get away with far more egregious and widespread hacking of citizens (e.g. retroactive immunity for blatant FISA violations), while those who hacked a single hack politician for the common good will face the full force of our unequal justice system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home