Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Thursday, September 25, 2008

Edsel for President?

McCain had a huge media advantage, as they had for years accepted his maverick persona and showed no inclination to slow down their cultish worship of the man. Until he attacked them. First for daring to cover Obama, then for covering only his most egregious lies.

It seems that McCain's patina is something below the popularity level of 1960 Edsel.

It's starting to look like my pessimistic feeling that McCain would be elected through judicious use of smears, fear mongering, and passive-aggressive keyword racism of the right may not come to pass. If that is so, will selecting Palin or suspending his campaign be viewed as his moment of jumping the shark? Or is he trying to win by jumping a whole bunch of sharks at one time?

I wonder how much pain it causes him to put strings on the bailout for the Wall Street Wealthy. Thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home