Stay The Curse
Has Hillary made such an ass of herself yet that having her on the ticket would hurt Obama? She's shown that she'll "Stay The Course" with no regard for reality or the cost. She is starting to sound more like Bush than McCain. I don't like her. I haven't since she feigned concern for the troops over a year after the story broke about the lack of body and humvee armor, and the inadequacy of the overpriced items that actually made it to the combat arena. You can't talk about leadership when you're doing no more than following the polls. Especially if you can't even do that in a timely manner. Give lip service to the polls while going down the wrong path without regard to the rest of the world. I didn't admire Bill much, but she sounds more like she'd continue the infinitely worse Bush legacy.
I suppose I could be like Hillary and refuse to vote for Obama if she is on the ticket. I won't like putting the democratic version of Dick in the VP slot, but I'll swallow my anger if I have to. Still, I'd be nervous about accepting an invitation to go hunting with her.
I suppose I could be like Hillary and refuse to vote for Obama if she is on the ticket. I won't like putting the democratic version of Dick in the VP slot, but I'll swallow my anger if I have to. Still, I'd be nervous about accepting an invitation to go hunting with her.
2 Comments:
I've never thought that Hillary would accept a VP offer from Obama. At this point in the race, with her mudslinging and her blatant pandering, I'm very happy that she won't.
Edwards threw in the towel yesterday and that's the sign that Clinton needs to let it go. Edwards was holding his delegates until the convention. If there was to be a fight, then Edwards could use his delegates to negotiate some of his issues into the Democratic platform. The fact that he endorsed Obama yesterday indicates to me that he knows who the winner is going to be and got the best deal that he could.
So, who should be Obama's running mate? I'd say that he should pick a governor. If I were him, I'd give Janet Napalitano of Arizona a good look. She's a Democrat in a Republican leaning state. She's in McCain's backyard and it's a border state.
Clinton would do well by the party to begin making gracious statements about uniting a party and ending the bitterness. Obama would do well by following the same tone and reviving his speeches about hope, the future, and uniting Americans.
I didn't think Hillary would go for vp either, but as she follows in the Cheney footsteps... More realistically, I'd imagine now that she is on the ropes she's considering the possibility. I've read several people who think she and McCain are running to be served by us, and Obama is running to serve us. It's a thought I've had for a long time.
Now that it is becoming more and more probable she has missed the gold ring, she may opt for the silver. The down side for her, is she wouldn't have a pliable hack to manipulate like the current vp. Is that enough to dissuade her? I hope so.
I listened to most of her WV speech on npr, and it seemed to me she was just going through the motions. No fire, just a recitation of her discredited sound bytes. Maybe with video it would have been different.
It was her lackluster dogged performance for that victory speech that reminded my of her apparent (fantasy-based) stay the course mentality.
Post a Comment
<< Home