Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Thursday, May 29, 2008

Stark Raving

You've got to be kidding, Dunkin' Donuts accused of aiding and abetting terrorists, accused by our most insidious domestic terrorists. I've never seen Rachel Ray, but I hope she sues the nutballs that pulled the add for lost revenue and defamation of character. They need to reimburse her for the commercials that won't be aired. It'd be fun to sue faux news, but in a way you have to admire their blatantly cavalier attitude towards fact and truth in pursuit of their overthrow of the american way of life and democracy. Nope, she should go after Dunkin' Dunces. It's obvious they wanted to pull the ad for other reasons, for who would actually let avaricious lunatics dictate their policies. Oh yeah. The american voter...

On the home front. This is a busy week, making me feel a little crazy. Rehearsals or performances every day this week, from last Friday to this coming Sunday, when when Noah Way Out closes. Then to a more sustainable schedule. Having fun, and looking forward to a long sleep Sunday night...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolut Vodka pulled an ad in Mexico this year. The ad campaign was centered around some tag line like "In a Perfect World..." and it featured the Mexican state as it was before the Spanish invasion (including what is now Texas and a portion of the south west U.S.). Immigration nuts on our side of the border attacked the ad and Absolut pulled it. Dunkin' and Absolut are only empowering these nutjobs.

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home