Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Thursday, May 22, 2008

Snarking For Truth

So, I forgot about the primary election the year before last until too late. I was disenfranchised through no fault of my own. Well I forgot, but golly gee whiz! Let's redo it so my non-compliant vote can be counted.

Ridiculous? Yup, I think so too.

What if I die young, before I'm 54? I think I'll cast my 2008 vote now so I'm not posthumously disenfranchised. Can you imagine anything more viciously vile and villainous than suppressing the dead guy vote?

Ridiculous? Yup, I think so too.

Yet, this is exactly what our neo-con in a pant suit would like us to do and which the fat cats in the DNC smoke filled rooms are too chicken to address.


DISCLAIMER (sort of):
When I was watching one of her speeches yesterday I realized she did something that kicks in one of my biases. I don't trust, and take much longer to warm up to people wearing the botox living death mask. They creep me out. Does she overdo the botox, or work extremely well to mask any show of sincere emotion? Either way, hiding behind a mummified face puts me off and makes me suspicious of what is being hidden. Not surprisingly, I find the look of a botox'd face disturbing and unattractive. Give me a living breathing face over the embalmed one any day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home