Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Thursday, March 13, 2008

Messages

An Obama aide refers to Hillary as a monster. Not something which I found offensive, but given the typical shrillness of conservatives I can see how they would find it so with justification. Obama did the right thing, and let the aide go without delay or fanfare.

Now, I have not respected Clinton since she gave dubya his war game. When she pretended outrage over substandard humvee and body armor over a year after the story broke and outraged the average citizen I sadly realized her support of the troops was as calculated and deadly as that of the conservatives.

When Ferraro the apparent reverse-discrimination supremacist made a deliberately offensive and several times repeated passive-aggressive racist remark I couldn't avoid making the comparison the monster remark. Then she cries reverse discrimination like some hopped up closeted right wing screech show host. I have to agree with the tiresome liberal pundits. Clinton wants this issue to stay alive. Obama wanted the more innocuous (to my mind) comment to not become an issue.

I think it is loyalty to her cronies, but I can't dismiss the observation that it is a calculated racial attack. I'm not an insider, and I'm not a fan of either approach. Do we want another 4-8 years of dynastic leadership that refuses to acknowledge any responsibility other than loyalty to cronies rather than the nation?

This is a time of high stress in the campaign, and seems to be bringing out how our candidates respond in times of crisis. I suppose it's obvious who I think is actually ready and capable of dealing with a crisis in the more honest and effective way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home