Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Monday, January 07, 2008

Today's Headlines

Item 1: Bush threatens to veto any bill that weakens accountability for his education fiasco. You know, the unfittingly named *"No Child Left Behind" which has derailed real education in favor of training, and hasn't even done a mediocre job of training. I see education as teaching people to think for themselves, whereas training is simply learning to push the right buttons to keep the great american machine moving. Too bad the only movement his handlers approve is that of all wealth going to the already very wealthy.

Item 2: Bush is encouraging peace efforts in the Middle East. You know, that place where we find Iraq, Iran, Israel, Palestine, Syria, Af... All them places 'the littlest Texan' has focused his vitriolic misinformation and ridiculous belligerence.

--------------------

I saw these two stories on my browser home page, Google News - U.S. Does it strike anyone that his efforts in these areas are utterly ridiculous in their unfailing backwards results? The first proudly illiterate president to be elected in our history. The first president to start a war for no valid reason. Before the war the reasons were proved false, and even the attempted historical revisions to supply better reasons fail to pan out. The only constant would seem to be no-bid contracts.

Is the president the only one doing this same damn thing over and over and over on an international scale, expecting different results? At this point anyone else in favor letting this man walk free meets those same criteria for insanity. The only real question about our president is whether he is criminally insane, or just a loser that was lucky enough for four years to fool and cheat his way to office? I believe the former, and would like to see a remake of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest include a bumbling disgraced incompetent MBA in chief.

* A more apt title may be "No Child Will Not Get It In The Behind." Or maybe "No Child Left Unturned?"
      From BD: "No Child Left a Dime."
      Which made me think, "No Child Left a Mind."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer "No Child Left A Dime"

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home