Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Friday, December 28, 2007

Our Lot in Real Life

So dubya is going to veto the defense bill, after he got everything he wanted and more from his ever obeisant democrats. Why? To protect ultra-rich Iraqis from any penalties for their war crimes. We already know that money/greed trumps all in our WaliMarton land. We didn't know until now that foreign rich war criminals also trump justice and compassion for crippled and tortured US soldiers.

We certainly do have a biblical president. I remember the first thing that caused me to question the bible, as an eight year old reading it through. Lot worried about the comfort of strangers and offered his virgin daughters to the mob to keep them from upsetting his guests. Even as a child unaware of all he was offering the mob it seemed terrible. This has never been explained to me in a way that is at all moral or ethical, not then or in the following 42 years. In the same spirit, in order to keep from inconveniencing his rich foreign peers, our pres is not only denying justice to their victims who were/are in the service of the US military. According to dubya's own rhetoric he is undercutting the war on terror and refusing to support the troops with his veto.

It is easy to blame the democrats for failing to do more than whimper as dubya repeatedly mounts them to show his alpha dog status. What about the republicans who video tape the rapine? They know the American public favors time lines on Iraq. They know the president holds himself above the law and will issue signing statements if they overrode a veto. So why do they needlessly defy the will of the American public? Voyeurism. It's the only reason I can think of. If the cameras were placed appropriately would we see Lieberman and the other republicans touching themselves and panting as they watch dubya again establish he is the alpha dog? It makes me incredulous, in the same way I was as a child when a chihuahua our german shepherd hated and could effortlessly rip in two, let the little scummy beast make her into double-backed beast.

It underlines the total lack of principles in the white house. It underlines the subservience of the democrats. Will the democrats take advantage of this and push for meaningful legislation, or again comfort and embrace the turgid turd?

I feel like the pundit at the beginning of V for Vendetta. I really like calling dubya the turgid turd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home