Back for a Quickie
Well, I had a great vacation, and yesterday was the first white xmas I've seen since I was in the navy, and I'm not sure I was ever home for one during my service years from 84-94. So, that was a nice surprise. A nice way to wind down from the vacation. Part of the reason I picked the two weeks before xmas was so others at work with kids on break could take this week off. Thanks to the re-org I suspect I made it much easier for a very good friend, as we are now the only ones with database dev expertise in our group. Even if not, I'll take the good feeling.
Now for the quickie. I sometimes think nobody gets it. Everyone always gripes about how cohesive the gop is. What a load of bollocks. Let's change the semantics to make it closer to the truth. Rather than the meaningless boast about cohesiveness and consistency, remember what it really means. The republicans march in lock step. Democrats attract the more liberal thinkers, meaning they actually have people that think their own thoughts, making it harder to order them to think desired thoughts. There is a lot of money being spent by the gop, big business/media, and sold out democrats to pontificate about the need for the democrats to follow the gop model. It's working, and I've seen us moving closer to a one party system throughout my life.
I believe you should be suspicious every time a democrat supports the war, supports big business interests, curtailing liberties (including gun control), etc. The kind of money being made by the elite cannot happen with an electorate consisting of rugged individualists. Do you ever wonder like me why there is such a huge amount of hype claiming we are a nation of rugged individuals who must agree with everything really rich people covet if we are to survive? I sometimes feel people capable of independent thought are 3-d ghosts stuck in a 2-d pit of despair. I don't know what it means or what to do about it either. That is the point.
Now for the quickie. I sometimes think nobody gets it. Everyone always gripes about how cohesive the gop is. What a load of bollocks. Let's change the semantics to make it closer to the truth. Rather than the meaningless boast about cohesiveness and consistency, remember what it really means. The republicans march in lock step. Democrats attract the more liberal thinkers, meaning they actually have people that think their own thoughts, making it harder to order them to think desired thoughts. There is a lot of money being spent by the gop, big business/media, and sold out democrats to pontificate about the need for the democrats to follow the gop model. It's working, and I've seen us moving closer to a one party system throughout my life.
I believe you should be suspicious every time a democrat supports the war, supports big business interests, curtailing liberties (including gun control), etc. The kind of money being made by the elite cannot happen with an electorate consisting of rugged individualists. Do you ever wonder like me why there is such a huge amount of hype claiming we are a nation of rugged individuals who must agree with everything really rich people covet if we are to survive? I sometimes feel people capable of independent thought are 3-d ghosts stuck in a 2-d pit of despair. I don't know what it means or what to do about it either. That is the point.
2 Comments:
Do you ever wonder like me why there is such a huge amount of hype claiming we are a nation of rugged individuals who must agree with everything really rich people covet if we are to survive?
That's the classic Ayn Rand crap put forth often and in an extensively whiny fashion in her book, Atlas Shrugged. That book, by the way, is not worth the time wading through. The point is made in the first 200 pages and she spends the next 800+ pages repeating the same points within the context of a Harlequin Romance.
I've never read her books. As I recall she came from a wealthy family which like most didn't stay in powere after the Russian Revolution. I suspect from what you and others say, that she blamed the victims in this case, and decided depradations leading to the revolution were their fault. I suppose that is why I never read her books, I'd assumed from what I'd heard that she longed for the days of repression in which she was among the opressors. Sounds like my uninformed bias wasn't far off the mark.
Post a Comment
<< Home