Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Friday, November 23, 2007

Got Thanks?

Wow. As I was about to leave the office Tuesday I saw a mail from the director of Troilus and Cressida in my inbox. Since callbacks were the previous Wednesday I figured it was a polite thank you but... Surprisingly they make me feel better, I find that bit of closure is nice and will lift up my spirits when I'm not cast, which is most of the time. I'm not quite sure why, though I there are a couple possibilities. It could be knowing I've not been cast makes it easier to deal with and move on than the assumption with it's infinitesimal doubt. It could be the courtesy of letting me know I've not been cast is appreciated makes it easier to take. Probably both to some degree, as well as other things.

That made the surprise even nicer when I found I was offered two small roles, King Priam and Calchus. I accepted. That's a good way to start of the long Thanksgiving weekend. Rehearsals don't start until the end of January, so if I'm a good boy that should be plenty of time to do some exhaustive script analysis. I'm looking forward to it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Rutherford said...

Congratulations. I look forward to seeing this one. I have never seen Troilus & Cressida.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home