Fall Beans
Before I forget. Last week I had the last batch of green beans from my co-op membership. A lot of the regular sort, and a good sized batch of the flat beans. I like green beans but have never been much on cooking them for some reason, so I toss them in soup a bit before it's done. Well the last try of the season was a very nice mix. Black eyed peas and organic ham. Some onion of course, and I had some left over tiny carrots (I think 'baby' carrots is a dumb name). Black eyed peas and ham were the primary ingredients, and complimented the beans wonderfully. Probably because the black eyed peas have a mild flavor somewhat akin to green beans. Next year I'll have to experiment a bit with spices to see if anything works well. I think garlic would be nice, and a hint of cloves maybe.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home