Pre-Java
It's a quiet night so far, as we upgrade Expedia. I don't have any projects going into this upgrade, so unless I'm needed for troubleshooting, it could be a laid back evening. I don't have my old officemate Fahim, whom I really miss. Here's an example. We had lunch a while back in the on site cafe with Gurmit. A Muslim, a Sikh, and a lapsed christian. The only reason it is worth mentioning is we talked of our faiths. I came away with the feeling that they very best of all three are a common thread. Sadly, the very worst of all three there is another darker common thread.
Right now in the middle east we're seeing the very worst of two of the faiths at war over oil profits, using the most vicious elements of the faiths to sustain hostilities. I expect that will always happen. Two men in the news this week show how the vile becomes part of our national identity. Murdoch and Gonzales.
Well that's a dark way to start my 50th birthday blog, even if it is working a double shift. There is a happy reason for it. I find I sometimes focus on the ruin perpetrated by such small greedy vermin. The United States may collapse in my lifetime. Without some sanity the Murdoch's and Gonzo's of the world will surely destroy the United States. Their short sighted and greedy amassing of wealth for themselves or their masters has finite limits. I mourn for what our country once was. I don't know that I'd mourn much for the loss of what it has become, rather for it's inability to recover. That (I hope) temporary lack of respect for my very nation is not what makes me happy.
What makes me happy is the human spirit. The ability to have lunch with Fahim and Gurmit, people I my government would sooner intern than listen to. We, each and every one, can and mostly do rise above our governments. It gives me hope and cheer, and as I look to what the next fifty years will bring I believe the pleasure I have had in being acquainted with these men will weigh more heavily than the reviling I feel towards our corrupt and belligerantly evil leaders. If it turns out there is a Hell, won't those sanctimonius demons be disappointed. Now, there's another happy thought.
I guess I'm feeling in a half full kind of mood. The empty half, the empty shirts and hearts destroying our country, and razing countless others are there, but today I find I'm focused on those whose life and hearts are full. Most of us, thankfully.
Well, time to start up the coffee pot.
Right now in the middle east we're seeing the very worst of two of the faiths at war over oil profits, using the most vicious elements of the faiths to sustain hostilities. I expect that will always happen. Two men in the news this week show how the vile becomes part of our national identity. Murdoch and Gonzales.
Well that's a dark way to start my 50th birthday blog, even if it is working a double shift. There is a happy reason for it. I find I sometimes focus on the ruin perpetrated by such small greedy vermin. The United States may collapse in my lifetime. Without some sanity the Murdoch's and Gonzo's of the world will surely destroy the United States. Their short sighted and greedy amassing of wealth for themselves or their masters has finite limits. I mourn for what our country once was. I don't know that I'd mourn much for the loss of what it has become, rather for it's inability to recover. That (I hope) temporary lack of respect for my very nation is not what makes me happy.
What makes me happy is the human spirit. The ability to have lunch with Fahim and Gurmit, people I my government would sooner intern than listen to. We, each and every one, can and mostly do rise above our governments. It gives me hope and cheer, and as I look to what the next fifty years will bring I believe the pleasure I have had in being acquainted with these men will weigh more heavily than the reviling I feel towards our corrupt and belligerantly evil leaders. If it turns out there is a Hell, won't those sanctimonius demons be disappointed. Now, there's another happy thought.
I guess I'm feeling in a half full kind of mood. The empty half, the empty shirts and hearts destroying our country, and razing countless others are there, but today I find I'm focused on those whose life and hearts are full. Most of us, thankfully.
Well, time to start up the coffee pot.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home