Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Thursday, August 02, 2007

My Eyes Too

Tomorrow I turn fifty. To celebrate? I'll be working a double-shift day for a release cycle. Luckily I'm ahead on hours this week, so that will make it kind of short, so instead of a Noon until 4am workday, I can slide in around 4pm, and make it only a 12 hour day.

I'd planned to arrange for a local park, for a barbecue and invite my friends, getting a mix of old friends, theatre co-workers (theatre geek friends), and day job co-workers (high tech geek friends). A nice eclectic mix. Haven't yet reserved a pavilion or park shelter. I tell myself it is because I want to have 50/50 party. Losing fifty years, and losing fifty pounds. I didn't figure I'd be fifty pounds lighter until the end of the month. Of course it may be a wee little tiny itsy bit of denial.

As luck would have it I woke up just before 5am on Tuesday, with a painful gut. Like someone had kicked me hard just below the belt buckle. It wasn't until after work that I felt able to more time at the desk than the porcelain throne. I even saw No Reservations (a chick flick, but I really liked it) that night without having to leave the theater, though it was mostly a matter of pride and pain. Still hurt quite a bit yesterday, and not quite right today. All that goes to explain how I accelerated the last five or six pounds so that I will actually have lost fifty pounds on my fiftieth birthday. Of course, some of that will probably come back for a while...

If it's a slow night tomorrow, I'll probably write some birthday musings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home