Cuppa One
I wasn't really too tired yet, so I made a pot of decaf. No sense whacking myself out to maintain my little release night tradition.
Well, this morning I tipped the bathroom scale at 206. Or rather tip-toed. Getting on the thing slowly will generally make it read a little lighter. Not what I consider a very good reading. As I did so I had a happy memory. A year ago when I was at 256, it was only due to that tip-toeing, as I didn't want to pass the 256 mark, which is a significant number for us geeks. Even worse I didn't want to creep back over 260 like I had several years ago. So, even though I don't really consider myself at the 206 mark by that scale, it does reflect a lost of fifty pounds for the last year, what I hoped for on my birthday. I was thinking I was two pounds short of the mark, so that was a nice little birthday present I gave myself.
My Dad left me a rousing chorus of "Happy Birthday!" on my voice mail, and several of my friends have wished me "Happy Birthday!" Rachel and Beth, thank you again, as well as any of you who read this but haven't let on. Well, while I'm still on hiatus for a bit, the rest of you local folks who read this occasionally I'd enjoy the opportunity to catch up with you over dinner (or lunch).
So I was feeling lucky today. Monday for dinner I had some of the chicken soup I'd made the previous night. It was yummy, but I do have a note to self. "If the habanero peppers are over twice the size I used in the past, use half as many." Not unbearable by any means, but for chicken soup I like a more subtle bite. The extra pepper made the bite happen up front, instead of as a chaser. Funny it didn't seem any spicier over all, just when you notice the bite.
It was Tuesday that I felt so bad. I don't think it was the soup, as I'd had some the night before. Now I'll now for sure I guess. I think it was from having two handfuls of fresh cherries instead of one. Or maybe from overeating a bit, but I suspect the former. It felt like a toxic reaction, as my kidney areas hurt. I hated to throw out the soup I'd worked on, as I thought it especially good. Now I'll find out for sure. I'm a little nervous as I was in quite a bit of pain on Tuesday, but it is worth finding out if it was a reaction to the cherries or overeating. I've had this discomfort a few times the last few years and I want to figure out what it is for sure, so some risks are called for if it means avoiding reruns. Though in this case I lost a couple pounds, which put me at the total weight loss I hoped for today.
That was a couple hours ago, and it was as tasty as I recalled and I'm still feeling pretty good so my hopes are high. Well, it's about time for another cuppa.
Well, this morning I tipped the bathroom scale at 206. Or rather tip-toed. Getting on the thing slowly will generally make it read a little lighter. Not what I consider a very good reading. As I did so I had a happy memory. A year ago when I was at 256, it was only due to that tip-toeing, as I didn't want to pass the 256 mark, which is a significant number for us geeks. Even worse I didn't want to creep back over 260 like I had several years ago. So, even though I don't really consider myself at the 206 mark by that scale, it does reflect a lost of fifty pounds for the last year, what I hoped for on my birthday. I was thinking I was two pounds short of the mark, so that was a nice little birthday present I gave myself.
My Dad left me a rousing chorus of "Happy Birthday!" on my voice mail, and several of my friends have wished me "Happy Birthday!" Rachel and Beth, thank you again, as well as any of you who read this but haven't let on. Well, while I'm still on hiatus for a bit, the rest of you local folks who read this occasionally I'd enjoy the opportunity to catch up with you over dinner (or lunch).
So I was feeling lucky today. Monday for dinner I had some of the chicken soup I'd made the previous night. It was yummy, but I do have a note to self. "If the habanero peppers are over twice the size I used in the past, use half as many." Not unbearable by any means, but for chicken soup I like a more subtle bite. The extra pepper made the bite happen up front, instead of as a chaser. Funny it didn't seem any spicier over all, just when you notice the bite.
It was Tuesday that I felt so bad. I don't think it was the soup, as I'd had some the night before. Now I'll now for sure I guess. I think it was from having two handfuls of fresh cherries instead of one. Or maybe from overeating a bit, but I suspect the former. It felt like a toxic reaction, as my kidney areas hurt. I hated to throw out the soup I'd worked on, as I thought it especially good. Now I'll find out for sure. I'm a little nervous as I was in quite a bit of pain on Tuesday, but it is worth finding out if it was a reaction to the cherries or overeating. I've had this discomfort a few times the last few years and I want to figure out what it is for sure, so some risks are called for if it means avoiding reruns. Though in this case I lost a couple pounds, which put me at the total weight loss I hoped for today.
That was a couple hours ago, and it was as tasty as I recalled and I'm still feeling pretty good so my hopes are high. Well, it's about time for another cuppa.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home