Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Monday, April 30, 2007

Nothing New

Tobias is so typical of the republicans, declaring themselves to be on their self-anointed moral high and holy ground. They say to struggling third world nations you can't have aid from our country unless you proselytize and enforce our narrow puritanical ideologies. Bullying which can't quite be done so openly within our borders yet. Oops. The drone carrying out this bullying, Mr. Tobias admits he was a client of Ms Palfrey's business, but there was nothing seedy or out of line. Hmm, then why'd he resign before there was any time for pressure to be applied. Something is not quite consistent there.

I really didn't care about Wolfowitz. He's an animal, with no conscience and believes he's above the ethical standards he'd apply to anyone one else. Plus he's not very intelligent. His lack of ethics, integrity, and meaningful brain power are pretty effectively by the utter destruction of Iraq he architected. He promotes his nookie cookie? So what? Oh, by the way, he's married. Oops. I'd missed that. The media's been pretty quiet about that. That little tidbit makes me think it's K Starr time.

Of course the illiterati in chief, president bush, keeps saying Alberto has done nothing wrong because of the weakest denials ever recorded. Not even his supporters are buying that. He just can't seem to recall the circumstances surrounding any misdeeds which point back to him, therefore he is innocent?

Clinton was hounded for lying about an improper, but ultimately legal act. One can't say the same for the current crop. They aren't lying to cover up their personal lives. They're lying to cover up corruption which has cost thousands of American lives, over a hundred thousand Iraqi lives, and over a trillion dollars. I think the biggest cost is for the Iraqis, and I’ve actually argued with (christians and) conservatives who felt persecuted I would hold them responsible for (non-christian and) non-American suffering. I was beginning to think the republicans/neocons lacked any standard whatsoever. They were so low and filth-ridden it was not even possible for them to rise to even the basest standard imaginable. I was wrong. The have a standard. It is immutable and imbued in their every breath, each beat of each of their frigid and shriveled hearts coldly tolls for that standard. The double one.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Githongo Calls on Wolfowitz to Resign

WASHINGTON, D.C., April 30 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Asserting that Western admonitions about corruption to Africa and other developing regions are undermined by the misbehaviour of World Bank president Paul Wolfowitz, Kenya’s former permanent secretary for ethics and governance, Dr. John Githongo, has called on Wolfowitz to resign his post.

“Corruption in Western capitals and in international financial institutions can do little but fuel the cynicism of corrupt officials in Africa and elsewhere,” said Githongo in a statement prepared for the news media. “When Paul Wolfowitz uses his influence as a US Government official and as president of the World Bank to fill the purse of his paramour (and, by inference, to line his own pockets as well), one can hear the cackling from state houses and presidential palaces all across Africa.”

Githongo said: “Paul Wolfowitz should resign now, before his poor example and bad judgment are emulated by petty dictators and venal middle managers throughout the developing world.”

He added: “Wolfowitz, of all people, should know better than to use his office for enrichment. He should be ashamed of himself.”

Since being forced into exile by a hostile political climate in his native Kenya, John Githongo has been a fellow at St. Antony’s College at Oxford University. In February, he accepted an appointment at Queen’s University in Ontario as a research fellow at the International Development Research Centre, where he is collaborating on a major research initiative on Ethnicity and Democratic Governance.

For further information, contact John Githongo at jgithongo@worldbank.org.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do find it interesting that the media seems to have dropped the fact that this is Wolfowitz's mistress. I don't really care that he's married - just like I didn't care about Clinton's affair - but it seems hypocritical or, at least, disingenuous to ignore this fact regarding Wolfowitz. I mean, if they are (rightly) going to bring up Tobias' sexual issues (only rightly since he's going around preaching abstinence to the world), then it seems that Wolfowitz's similar issue (he's preaching anti corruption to the world) should be fair game.

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home