A Regular Guy
I lost 10 pounds in 24 hours. Given my scale fluctuation it might have been closer to 9. Funny, as I've taken off weight the scale fluctuation has reduced. This morning I was down to 216. That's the lowest in more than a decade. I think I weighed about that when I got out of the Navy in September 1993, and if not I did within the year.
I expect to be back in the low 220's by the end of the week. I had a crampy feeling and lost most my appetite since Saturday, yet was putting on weight quickly. It sounds obvious I'm sure, but the pain kept me from realizing it. I was chilled and sleeping only about 90 minutes at a shot on Tuesday. I went home early and to bed early, so it was at least fun to quickly check election results between bits of sleep. And I was able to get back to sleep. Never having needed that 'kind of medicine' except once over twenty yours ago for a backwards pumped barium experience. I took a dose of salts, literally. I have Epsom salts for soaking and bath salts, and never thought I'd need them internally. And today I'm less of a man for it. Or at least, I'm not as full of shit as normal. ;)
This diet I'm on has helped with significant weight loss. And that wasn't the intent, but trying to find food sensitivities forces one off all packaged snack foods and most if not all prepared meals. Fast foods? Not even in the galaxy. You know, it is more work but I haven't really missed it. I feel better, even though I've been fighting nasty back to back colds the last month. When it comes to preparing a snack instead of opening an irritating mylar bag, you generally realize that you're not really hungry. Still, I do eat more fresh fruit and veggies than ever before.
Assuming I am in the lower 220's once I recover from the recent cure, I'm pleased as that was my hope for the beginning of the year. Maybe I'll beat that hope by 10 or 20 pounds. I'll try and get some snapshots this weekend, and update my blog picture. My face does look a lot different, to me anyway, and not just the cheesy mustache and sideburns which are too long to be professional, and too short to be cool. I told my fellow players I thought it had that kind of Ron Jeremy doofus look, and only one or two looked puzzled. A couple others pretended puzzlement which was funnier than those who out and out laughed.
I am pleased and a little surprised at the election results. I am one who believes that republicans regularly fix voting machines and counts. Not that dems don't ever do it, but the corporate (read corrupt) nature of the gop lends itself to that kind of behavior, along with voter suppression with intimidation and misinformation. What that means is that when democrats win it is the result of a super majority, not a real majority. I didn't think enough people were willing to admit they'd been bamboozled to accomplish that yet. I'm happy to be wrong.
I'm also wrong about Allen conceding in Virginia. I figured the recount, which usually gives an edge to democrats as it is harder to suppress/change votes in that atmosphere, was going to go on to the bitter end. Then the gop'ers would cry fowl claiming the increasing margin for the democratic win demonstrates the voter fraud. It happened here in Washington when recounts overturned the initial gubernatorial results. Our state auditor is one of the rare honest politicians, and even rarer, like Dan Evans a republican with integrity.
I expect to be back in the low 220's by the end of the week. I had a crampy feeling and lost most my appetite since Saturday, yet was putting on weight quickly. It sounds obvious I'm sure, but the pain kept me from realizing it. I was chilled and sleeping only about 90 minutes at a shot on Tuesday. I went home early and to bed early, so it was at least fun to quickly check election results between bits of sleep. And I was able to get back to sleep. Never having needed that 'kind of medicine' except once over twenty yours ago for a backwards pumped barium experience. I took a dose of salts, literally. I have Epsom salts for soaking and bath salts, and never thought I'd need them internally. And today I'm less of a man for it. Or at least, I'm not as full of shit as normal. ;)
This diet I'm on has helped with significant weight loss. And that wasn't the intent, but trying to find food sensitivities forces one off all packaged snack foods and most if not all prepared meals. Fast foods? Not even in the galaxy. You know, it is more work but I haven't really missed it. I feel better, even though I've been fighting nasty back to back colds the last month. When it comes to preparing a snack instead of opening an irritating mylar bag, you generally realize that you're not really hungry. Still, I do eat more fresh fruit and veggies than ever before.
Assuming I am in the lower 220's once I recover from the recent cure, I'm pleased as that was my hope for the beginning of the year. Maybe I'll beat that hope by 10 or 20 pounds. I'll try and get some snapshots this weekend, and update my blog picture. My face does look a lot different, to me anyway, and not just the cheesy mustache and sideburns which are too long to be professional, and too short to be cool. I told my fellow players I thought it had that kind of Ron Jeremy doofus look, and only one or two looked puzzled. A couple others pretended puzzlement which was funnier than those who out and out laughed.
I am pleased and a little surprised at the election results. I am one who believes that republicans regularly fix voting machines and counts. Not that dems don't ever do it, but the corporate (read corrupt) nature of the gop lends itself to that kind of behavior, along with voter suppression with intimidation and misinformation. What that means is that when democrats win it is the result of a super majority, not a real majority. I didn't think enough people were willing to admit they'd been bamboozled to accomplish that yet. I'm happy to be wrong.
I'm also wrong about Allen conceding in Virginia. I figured the recount, which usually gives an edge to democrats as it is harder to suppress/change votes in that atmosphere, was going to go on to the bitter end. Then the gop'ers would cry fowl claiming the increasing margin for the democratic win demonstrates the voter fraud. It happened here in Washington when recounts overturned the initial gubernatorial results. Our state auditor is one of the rare honest politicians, and even rarer, like Dan Evans a republican with integrity.
2 Comments:
Funny comment about Ron Jeremy.
As to the recount, it really would have been hard for the Republicans to get anywhere. In Virginia, the voting takes place almost solely by electronic machines with no paper audit. The fix would have had to have been in on the initial count. Absentee ballots make up such a small number there that it wouldn't have made a significant difference. So, all that would have happened is that the machines would spit out the same results twice. No drama there.
Also, Jim Webb had a legitimate gripe of his own in 3 counties where his full name wasn't listed. His last name was left off after James (middle initial) "Jim". Why they thought that they needed his nickname no one knows. Plus, they had this knowledge 2 weeks before the election and did nothing to fix it. Two of the 3 counties were considered Webb strongholds.
Finally, Allen, if he wants to seriously make a political future for himself, needed to look gracious. Fighting the losing battle plus the scars from the campaign would have sunk him for good. Now, at least he has an opportunity for political rehab.
Good news about Rumsfeld though, hey! Glad to see the back of him...
jj: picc.blogspot.com
Post a Comment
<< Home