Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Where's The Beef?

In a fit of pique at both our senatorial candidates I sent off a letter to the Seattle Times a week and a half back. For you out of staters, Maria Cantwell is the democratic incumbent senator up for reelection. Her republican challenger, Mike McGavick, is one of those who have endorsed Joe Lieberman. I've written to Cantwell's office a couple times expressing my opposition to the war. In fact in early 2003 I asked her not to give w authority to use force, citing my experience in combat, as well as collecting and analyzing intelligence. The canned response told me we had to give w authority to go to war to honor our veterans. You can likely guess how calm this combat veteran's reaction to that bit of idiocy one was.

I was a bit surprised to see it now. The lemming parade of GOP'ers endorsing Lieberman seems like it is not all that current now. Oh well, making fun of idiots is timeless even if the bullet points aren't.

For your viewing pleasure/distress:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home