Acting Up
My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock
Back to Blogging
I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?
I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.
2 Comments:
Speculation has been that Robert Novak made his "revelations" regarding Rove's role this week in order to help shield Rove from this civil suit. In fact, Friday was the deadline for the Plames to file such a suit.
I doubt that the point of the suit is monetary. Likely it is to embarrass the administration and reveal the truths that it's supporters continue to obfuscate.
There's a lot more to this story than most of the U.S. media has cared to cover. Laura Rozen has done a terrific job exposing the Italian spy agency links to the original forged documents that the French and Germans ignored, but that provided pretense for the Bushies to go to war. This is a huge political scandal in Italy and is only being exposed because the Berlusconi government is no longer in power.
Yup, it is a microcosm of the skullduggery which our current government thrives on. Under the covers there are so many issues here, the high strength aluminum tubes, yellowcake, etc. I would love to see actual justice done here, as it would smear the pres and his handlers and their pawns. I don’t have faith in our system at the moment, which why I don’t expect it to go anywhere. Even if it does, it will get drawn out even more than McDermott’s case. That one is typical of the GOP, even if they have an actual case. The crime, no matter how egregious, is never as serious as the whistleblower. They don’t believe in facing their accusers. They believe in assassinating the character of anyone who would dare bring their depredations to light.
Post a Comment
<< Home