It's Eliminatary
Haven't been writing much lately. At least I finally finished the post I started last Monday. Kind of catching back up with life. This weekend I finished three books I'd started. The Hobbit, a Louis L'Amour novel, and Prince Ezrick and the Morpheas Curse. The latter is the first of a new fantasy series I picked up at an independent bookstore, SoulFood Books in Redmond. It is a fun story, though there were some gaps. It felt there were a number of things which had wonderful setups and weren't really developed. I still enjoyed the book, and look forward to the next installment.
I didn't get out much over the weekend, as I had a stomach upset. My lower abdomen felt cramped. Same thing happened to me during the first few days of the Shakespeare scenes we did at the end of the second term. I started feeling ooky on Thursday, and even today I felt a little discomfort hitting bumps in the road. The area in the lower abdomen that gives you the delightful (or frightening) sensation on a rollercoaster or during acrobatic flight. Instead of feeling like being tickled, it felt like getting hit with a ball peen hammer.
I know I've some food sensitivities and/or allergies and now is the time to start figuring it out. The elimination diet. Eating nothing but lamb and rice for a week or two, as those are two of the rarest allergies. Then, assuming my system gets to a normal state start adding different foods one at a time to see what my system doesn't like. I'm kind of easing my way into it now, as I figure out the new rice cooker, which scorched the first batch. I used a slow cooker seasoning spice/sauce pack for beef and added a lot of rosemary to cook up some lamb in the crock pot. I also added carrots and potatoes, and it is very tasty. Going forward I'll use nothing but lamb and rice, and moderate spices. I'm assuming I'm not sensitive to spices, though I'll keep track just in case.
I already know I'm sensitive to eggs, and hope there aren't too many additional items I like on the list. I strongly suspect dairy and wheat, which really pisses me off, and is a great part of the reason I've put off checking for so long. Maybe it will be good in the long run if I have to give up some of my favorite foods. Help me to eat better, and even lose some padding.
It may be my imagination, but I'm feeling a lot better today despite my morning head butt of espresso. Despite feeling better, I feel a major political diatribe coming on. You may see my tantrum in the next few days.
I didn't get out much over the weekend, as I had a stomach upset. My lower abdomen felt cramped. Same thing happened to me during the first few days of the Shakespeare scenes we did at the end of the second term. I started feeling ooky on Thursday, and even today I felt a little discomfort hitting bumps in the road. The area in the lower abdomen that gives you the delightful (or frightening) sensation on a rollercoaster or during acrobatic flight. Instead of feeling like being tickled, it felt like getting hit with a ball peen hammer.
I know I've some food sensitivities and/or allergies and now is the time to start figuring it out. The elimination diet. Eating nothing but lamb and rice for a week or two, as those are two of the rarest allergies. Then, assuming my system gets to a normal state start adding different foods one at a time to see what my system doesn't like. I'm kind of easing my way into it now, as I figure out the new rice cooker, which scorched the first batch. I used a slow cooker seasoning spice/sauce pack for beef and added a lot of rosemary to cook up some lamb in the crock pot. I also added carrots and potatoes, and it is very tasty. Going forward I'll use nothing but lamb and rice, and moderate spices. I'm assuming I'm not sensitive to spices, though I'll keep track just in case.
I already know I'm sensitive to eggs, and hope there aren't too many additional items I like on the list. I strongly suspect dairy and wheat, which really pisses me off, and is a great part of the reason I've put off checking for so long. Maybe it will be good in the long run if I have to give up some of my favorite foods. Help me to eat better, and even lose some padding.
It may be my imagination, but I'm feeling a lot better today despite my morning head butt of espresso. Despite feeling better, I feel a major political diatribe coming on. You may see my tantrum in the next few days.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home