Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Friday, April 14, 2006

Next

This is a different place in lots of ways. I'm at Caffe Vita's. Nothing unusual there, I've written from here before. But I'm also working, to keep my day shorter tomorrow. We had stage combat class from 9:00am-10:30am, and my next commitment is rehearsal from 2:00pm-3:30pm. And, I'll be doing some more text work, or rather reviewing my text before starting rehearsal with Hal. I had a touch of food poisoning yesterday, rather I was getting over it yesterday. No heaves thank God, but lost sleep, and I'm still feeling a bit off. Has me feeling anxious about rehearsal. I've worked on it, but I'm afraid it won't show. It was a bit of bad beef as I left the office Wednesday. Goddamn jerky.

When ETI is finished I'll probably be down here an evening or two a week. Writing and researching. Grand plans or something I'll actually do? I hope the latter. It would be fun to trek across the lake after work for flight lessons and working on some scripts or stories. We'll see. Maybe I'll simply be a lump while I catch my breath, but Vita's and the blue yonder have their allure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home