Friends
I finally remembered to call Gregory today, and left a voice mail. He called a little later from backstage, and we chatted for ten or fifteen minutes, when the stage manager called him. He's doing well, and in a high stress time as well. They have a bit over a month left, finishing up at the end of May. Their finals are faculty presentations. For example, the movement piece will be performed for the entire faculty. Wow. That would be wracking -- high stakes. There is a little part of me that likes the idea of a bigger audience. But, I'm not there and I know it would be an extremely high stress scenario.
He'll be going home at the end of the year, to work a couple jobs for the Summer. It's four or five hours from Seattle, and I hope to get out for a weekend and visit. He'll be busy earning and saving for next year, but luckily I have relatives there so I'd have other things to do. It sounds like next year will be the killer year. He'll have residence, so the tuition will drop by half, and they will be TA's so there shouldn't be a need for an outside job. It will be a busy, busy time. Plus, they are the casting pool for all the directing student projects.
Gregory said, "I'm planning to get to Seattle and see The Merchant of Venice. Now, that is flattering. Not only that he is planning to see the show, he even knows what and when it will be. He is internet savvy, and went through ETI last time around, so finding the information was not too hard. Still I have an idea of how hectic and loaded his life is and I was touched by the interest and effort.
I did the same thing to Paula now that I think on it. I told her she better let me know as soon as possible when the project she directs as a directing intern with the acting interns will be produced. I read up on the program so I'd know what she'd be doing, and the intern opportunity for actors sounded interesting too. Something to think about in a couple years, if I'm still hankering for a graduate program. It seems routine when we are interested in what our friends are doing, and touching when they do the same for you.
Regarding yesterday, the rehearsal went well. Often getting on the boards is a temporary cure to your physical ills. Getting detox'd after that mild food poisoning took a while, and required extra water. I thought I'd had enough to drink until my back cramped up impressively at the chiropractor. I'd postponed my regular Thursday visit a day, because I was busy with H&R Block. Ended up being a good thing. The session helped me relax and get the extra sleep and water I needed. I'm still needing extra water, and I'm working on that now in preparation for watching Pillowman tonight. Geof Alm our combat instructor was the fight director for the show.
Vents:
Regarding our president. Screw him and prosecute the corrupt little sweet talking weasel in the world court. (Milosevic's old quarters are available.)
Regarding our Secretary of Defense. Send the arrogant lying bastard to a little cage in Gitmo.
Regarding our president of vice. Send that shitbird (without his shotguns) to Gitmo with his boy-toy Donny, and make him clean the detainee cages with a toothbrush.
He'll be going home at the end of the year, to work a couple jobs for the Summer. It's four or five hours from Seattle, and I hope to get out for a weekend and visit. He'll be busy earning and saving for next year, but luckily I have relatives there so I'd have other things to do. It sounds like next year will be the killer year. He'll have residence, so the tuition will drop by half, and they will be TA's so there shouldn't be a need for an outside job. It will be a busy, busy time. Plus, they are the casting pool for all the directing student projects.
Gregory said, "I'm planning to get to Seattle and see The Merchant of Venice. Now, that is flattering. Not only that he is planning to see the show, he even knows what and when it will be. He is internet savvy, and went through ETI last time around, so finding the information was not too hard. Still I have an idea of how hectic and loaded his life is and I was touched by the interest and effort.
I did the same thing to Paula now that I think on it. I told her she better let me know as soon as possible when the project she directs as a directing intern with the acting interns will be produced. I read up on the program so I'd know what she'd be doing, and the intern opportunity for actors sounded interesting too. Something to think about in a couple years, if I'm still hankering for a graduate program. It seems routine when we are interested in what our friends are doing, and touching when they do the same for you.
Regarding yesterday, the rehearsal went well. Often getting on the boards is a temporary cure to your physical ills. Getting detox'd after that mild food poisoning took a while, and required extra water. I thought I'd had enough to drink until my back cramped up impressively at the chiropractor. I'd postponed my regular Thursday visit a day, because I was busy with H&R Block. Ended up being a good thing. The session helped me relax and get the extra sleep and water I needed. I'm still needing extra water, and I'm working on that now in preparation for watching Pillowman tonight. Geof Alm our combat instructor was the fight director for the show.
Vents:
Regarding our president. Screw him and prosecute the corrupt little sweet talking weasel in the world court. (Milosevic's old quarters are available.)
Regarding our Secretary of Defense. Send the arrogant lying bastard to a little cage in Gitmo.
Regarding our president of vice. Send that shitbird (without his shotguns) to Gitmo with his boy-toy Donny, and make him clean the detainee cages with a toothbrush.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home