The Friendly Age
This gets me irritated.
If I can stomach it, I'll resume researching McCarthyism when I finish the ETI curriculum. One thing I remember from my previous research was about the United Methodist Church. They were considered to be an Unfriendly Witness by the House Un-American Activities Committee. Good for them, then. Now, they have fallen from grace. Today they would certainly cooperate with any similar hate and fear based persecutions with a faux-religious ecstasy.
"I think it's inappropriate to use a children's event to make a political statement," said Mark D. Tooley, who directs the United Methodist committee at the Institute on Religion and Democracy. He wrote a column earlier this year in the Weekly Standard saying gay civil rights groups were making "covert plans to crash the annual White House Easter egg roll."Yup, the church I grew up in has deeply embraced tolerance. This arrogant Pharisee has nothing to say about the straight couples crashing the event with their children to make a political statement. Is he saying only children of 'straight' couples should be allowed to participate? In that case Tool(ey) should be out there with his baseball bat making sure to screen out the 10% of the children who will be gay when they hit adolescence. I'm sure he has flawless gaydar.
If I can stomach it, I'll resume researching McCarthyism when I finish the ETI curriculum. One thing I remember from my previous research was about the United Methodist Church. They were considered to be an Unfriendly Witness by the House Un-American Activities Committee. Good for them, then. Now, they have fallen from grace. Today they would certainly cooperate with any similar hate and fear based persecutions with a faux-religious ecstasy.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home