This One Will Kill You
You have to wonder if all the steroids which Arnold denied taking for so long took a heavy toll. He buys all these Hummers, and they apparently don't help either. Medical records are still private (thank God), though I'd bet viagra doesn't help either. It seems the only thing which does it for him is signing death warrants. Given his politics and macho facade I can understand the political expediency of killing some people. It doesn't explain his refusal to stall or overturn some cases where there were valid questions or reasons to. I do have a bias. And in that bias I'd say at the very least, the state should look for reasons not to kill people, not the opposite.
The following comment from the defense attorney for the next one Arnold gets to snuff is sadly bizarre.
The following comment from the defense attorney for the next one Arnold gets to snuff is sadly bizarre.
In a declaration submitted Feb. 14, Heath said the involvement of an anesthesiologist "is an easily taken step that would greatly reduce the possibility of an inhumane execution."Reduce the possibility of inhumane execution? That implies there is such a thing as humane execution. Utterly inane. Even for proponents of the death penalty, and I once was, it is not meant to be humane. It is meant to snuff out the life of a human being, who we believe deserves the ultimate punishment. Ultimate punishment and humane are not compatible. Duh.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home