Random Quips And Thoughts
Do you ever have funny thoughts about people you see all the time? There is a fellow with a sour demeanor, and a slight accent. I want to say to him, "Pierre, it is still legal to smile in this country. Hurry before it's too late."
Does anyone call the GOP the Republican Guard?
Will we ever again see good cartoons like Johnny Quest and Loony Toons? Futurama?
Insurance scammers should start hanging out in parking garages. Pretty easy to step in front of a car going well over 30mph in the Expedia or Microsoft garages -- if you work there it is hard not to. It seems yuppies have trouble understanding the difference between a parkway and a driveway. Admittedly they are not aptly named.
If you have secret courts issuing warrants without any real oversight, how weak must the eavesdropping justification be to necessitate the need for conducting illegal spying on US citizens?
Why is Tigger my favorite character in Winnie the Pooh, maybe in all of children's literature?
Now that our local scam artist, Doc Hastings from Eastern Washington, has been implicated in the Abramoff and DeLay scandals will the GOP have second thoughts about having appointed him to chair the ethics committee, which was done to punish the previous GOP chair for daring to admonish DeLay?
Why does being on the salt water or near it make me ache deep inside? Do I miss the sea or do I miss my childhood house? I feel like our old tomcat, the patriarch of the family pride of house cats, who used to sit at the top of the slope in our yard and just watch the beach and Puget Sound from seventy five feet away. Late one night I heard the screech of brakes and of a struck cat. The next morning I found Papa Cat's body lying at the beach's edge, looking almost comfortable, as if he decided to die gazing upon the sea which more than anything else in the universe he loved and feared.
One of the freshman congressman for Washington state is Dave Reichert. His claim to fame? It took him over twenty years to catch the Green River killer. His office finally submitted evidence that was a decade old for DNA analysis, a technique which was nearly as old as the evidence. Would that have been considered acceptable had the victims not been (or assumed to have been) prostitutes?
Classes start up tomorrow, and I'll be back to 80 hour weeks. I think I'll have all the homework done, except for watching the long version of Branagh's Hamlet, as I couldn't find it anywhere except used on Amazon. It's on order so I'll still get to see it, albeit a week late. I saw his version of Henry V last night, I've read the four Shakespeare plays aloud (neat experience), and will have watched the first four episodes of John Barton's Playing Shakespeare. (Produced by the BBC and Royal Shakespeare Company.) I'll still have time to read The Tempest and do the required scene analysis for the first Voice class session on Friday.
The idea of impeaching Bush is moving towards the mainstream. The democrats and 'liberal' media are still being overly cautious, but it is something.
On Wednesday I'll be going to the opera with my niece again. I'm looking forward to that in a big way. This time I don't expect to be in intense pain.
Does anyone call the GOP the Republican Guard?
Will we ever again see good cartoons like Johnny Quest and Loony Toons? Futurama?
Insurance scammers should start hanging out in parking garages. Pretty easy to step in front of a car going well over 30mph in the Expedia or Microsoft garages -- if you work there it is hard not to. It seems yuppies have trouble understanding the difference between a parkway and a driveway. Admittedly they are not aptly named.
If you have secret courts issuing warrants without any real oversight, how weak must the eavesdropping justification be to necessitate the need for conducting illegal spying on US citizens?
Why is Tigger my favorite character in Winnie the Pooh, maybe in all of children's literature?
Now that our local scam artist, Doc Hastings from Eastern Washington, has been implicated in the Abramoff and DeLay scandals will the GOP have second thoughts about having appointed him to chair the ethics committee, which was done to punish the previous GOP chair for daring to admonish DeLay?
Why does being on the salt water or near it make me ache deep inside? Do I miss the sea or do I miss my childhood house? I feel like our old tomcat, the patriarch of the family pride of house cats, who used to sit at the top of the slope in our yard and just watch the beach and Puget Sound from seventy five feet away. Late one night I heard the screech of brakes and of a struck cat. The next morning I found Papa Cat's body lying at the beach's edge, looking almost comfortable, as if he decided to die gazing upon the sea which more than anything else in the universe he loved and feared.
One of the freshman congressman for Washington state is Dave Reichert. His claim to fame? It took him over twenty years to catch the Green River killer. His office finally submitted evidence that was a decade old for DNA analysis, a technique which was nearly as old as the evidence. Would that have been considered acceptable had the victims not been (or assumed to have been) prostitutes?
Classes start up tomorrow, and I'll be back to 80 hour weeks. I think I'll have all the homework done, except for watching the long version of Branagh's Hamlet, as I couldn't find it anywhere except used on Amazon. It's on order so I'll still get to see it, albeit a week late. I saw his version of Henry V last night, I've read the four Shakespeare plays aloud (neat experience), and will have watched the first four episodes of John Barton's Playing Shakespeare. (Produced by the BBC and Royal Shakespeare Company.) I'll still have time to read The Tempest and do the required scene analysis for the first Voice class session on Friday.
The idea of impeaching Bush is moving towards the mainstream. The democrats and 'liberal' media are still being overly cautious, but it is something.
On Wednesday I'll be going to the opera with my niece again. I'm looking forward to that in a big way. This time I don't expect to be in intense pain.
3 Comments:
Yea, I do this sort of thing all the time with people. Sometimes I withhold the comment just because I think that they'll take it as mean instead of as just a quip.
I'm surprised that you couldn't find Hamlet at Scarecrow.
Gore had a good speech yesterday on Bush. It got Dan Savage all riled up to the point that he was hoping Gore would run again for President. I do think that Gore would have been a good President, but he's not electable. Hopefully Gore's words will resonate with people and start them down the path of impeachment. To my mind, there isn't even a question that these are impeachable offenses.
One other comment: there is a rumor that Futurama will return to the airwaves. It's not dead yet.
I'm sure Scarecrow has the version of Hamlet I need, and I'd bet one of classmates who lives close by has it already. At least I saw it when it came out at the Guild on 45th.
I'd love to see more Futurama, and when I looked up to see who did Bender's voice I saw imdb lists it as in production for next year. (I think John DiMaggio voicing for Bender is brilliant in creating the character.) I heard FOX canceled it and held onto the rights refusing to let anyone else produce it. If true, I suspect the show's irreverence towards FOX is the reason for that.
Apparently Comedy Channel obtained airing rights for the re-runs, after it was getting the Cartoon Network's highest rating. Bidding war? I guess that has FOX thinking of getting some more profit. I hope they don't mess with it too much, and scrappy-do-ize it. In the searching I did, it looks like FOX is seeing if it will make a resurgence like Family Guy.
Post a Comment
<< Home