Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Tuesday, January 17, 2006

On My Way

Yikes! Class starts back up this afternoon. It just hasn't seemed real, even with all the homework. It never felt like it was looming, but I'm all a flutter now. Big fellow like me all a flutter. Sounds pretty silly to me, but butterflies know no bounds. New classes too. Acting has evolved into Acting/Verse/Text/Scene Study for six hours a week. We also have tutorials for an hour and a half a week. No idea what that will be, and I'm wondering if it will include everybody, some, or just one person at a time. Not the latter I hope.

We also have a three hour audition class on Sundays. At this point that one makes me the most nervous. Just the whole audition thing I suppose. I generally enjoy auditions, but I certainly don't enjoy them when they're pending. I think I'd adapt an old saw and say, "The only good audition is a finished audition."

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more,
        "Henry V" (5.3.44)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home