Getting Off On a New Foot
Disagree with w and a CIA operative is immediately outed in retribution, to the detriment of national security. An investigation into the leak was delayed and stonewalled by the administration, and ultimately assigned to someone they thought would not be inconveniently tenacious, in so blatant a manner you wonder what it takes for democrats to pull their heads out of their alimentary canals. A whistle blower leaks the almost certainly illegal domestic surveillance orders by w, and an aggressive investigation into the leak is immediately launched. At least a few democrats are asking what the motivation behind the leak is. w uses the press to smear and extract retribution against those who don't blindly follow the line, and uses the attorney general to hunt and persecute anyone who would expose his crimes.
Meanwhile, the rest of the world is having increasing trouble thinking we're the good guys and we pretend to be incredulous. In years past we would label as a tyrant any other national leader who acted in this way. Today, if we even question w's actions we are accused of treason. Will the new year show us anything new? I'm sure it will, only the direction has yet to be determined.
I thought this was funny and frustrating. I visited New York for the first time, and managed to choose the one time in the last 25 years when the trains and buses weren't running. The following week I took another four day trip, this time to Duncan, BC. On the way back the Victoria Clipper, which I like riding, turned around because of rough seas and loaded us on buses. Having grown up on the water, and doing lots of fishing in a ten foot aluminum skiff year round, I found the ride enjoyable, but the green skin and tightly clutched waxed paper bags indicated I was in the minority. Instead of getting home about 9PM, I arrived 3AM. They gave us half off coupons for our next trip, which in my case will cover the extra I had to shell out for a taxi.
Yesterday I went up to my stepsister's for New Year's. I figured the third trip of my vacation would be lucky regarding transportation, and it was, sort of. Had a great visit with her, my brother in law and their friends. We played "Apples and Apples" for hours. A fun low stakes game, which we chatted around, and all won a game. Dennis won two. No problems driving either way, and I left Bellingham half past midnight, getting me home at 2AM this morning. I'm sort of in a jet lag situation thanks to the Victoria Clipper trip and the holidays, so maybe this qualifies as my three bad transportation events. I'm going for the idea of things happening in threes, instead of third time's a charm. I didn't wind down and go to sleep until 4 AM. It may be a little rough getting up for work tomorrow.
My niece Delaney, who is about a year and half old, and Laurel Ann made me a delightful present which I brought home. A snowman made of heavy hose or socks. Mom operated the glue gun, and Delaney directed the show. When I get my camera back I'll post a pic. I find it a happy making decoration. It is cute in a way which makes me smile. It will be on top of the tv long after the season is over.
I brought materials and made a batch of the Indian mango faux ice cream for New Year's. Approximately one part pureed mango, two parts sweetened condensed milk, and one part cream all mixed together. Then I freeze it in the little dixie cups. I'm thinking a little lime or lemon juice next time might bring out the mango flavor nicely. It's very rich and easy to make and has been a hit everywhere I tried it. Though a lot of work is required to purge all those calories.
Their friends, Greg and Steph, brought the makings for gyoza, and those not making the faux ice cream were stuffing the gyoza's. Dennis made creme brulee's earlier, so we filled up on lots of gyoza's and very rich desserts. A lot of satisfied "ahh's" were heard.
Meanwhile, the rest of the world is having increasing trouble thinking we're the good guys and we pretend to be incredulous. In years past we would label as a tyrant any other national leader who acted in this way. Today, if we even question w's actions we are accused of treason. Will the new year show us anything new? I'm sure it will, only the direction has yet to be determined.
I thought this was funny and frustrating. I visited New York for the first time, and managed to choose the one time in the last 25 years when the trains and buses weren't running. The following week I took another four day trip, this time to Duncan, BC. On the way back the Victoria Clipper, which I like riding, turned around because of rough seas and loaded us on buses. Having grown up on the water, and doing lots of fishing in a ten foot aluminum skiff year round, I found the ride enjoyable, but the green skin and tightly clutched waxed paper bags indicated I was in the minority. Instead of getting home about 9PM, I arrived 3AM. They gave us half off coupons for our next trip, which in my case will cover the extra I had to shell out for a taxi.
Yesterday I went up to my stepsister's for New Year's. I figured the third trip of my vacation would be lucky regarding transportation, and it was, sort of. Had a great visit with her, my brother in law and their friends. We played "Apples and Apples" for hours. A fun low stakes game, which we chatted around, and all won a game. Dennis won two. No problems driving either way, and I left Bellingham half past midnight, getting me home at 2AM this morning. I'm sort of in a jet lag situation thanks to the Victoria Clipper trip and the holidays, so maybe this qualifies as my three bad transportation events. I'm going for the idea of things happening in threes, instead of third time's a charm. I didn't wind down and go to sleep until 4 AM. It may be a little rough getting up for work tomorrow.
My niece Delaney, who is about a year and half old, and Laurel Ann made me a delightful present which I brought home. A snowman made of heavy hose or socks. Mom operated the glue gun, and Delaney directed the show. When I get my camera back I'll post a pic. I find it a happy making decoration. It is cute in a way which makes me smile. It will be on top of the tv long after the season is over.
I brought materials and made a batch of the Indian mango faux ice cream for New Year's. Approximately one part pureed mango, two parts sweetened condensed milk, and one part cream all mixed together. Then I freeze it in the little dixie cups. I'm thinking a little lime or lemon juice next time might bring out the mango flavor nicely. It's very rich and easy to make and has been a hit everywhere I tried it. Though a lot of work is required to purge all those calories.
Their friends, Greg and Steph, brought the makings for gyoza, and those not making the faux ice cream were stuffing the gyoza's. Dennis made creme brulee's earlier, so we filled up on lots of gyoza's and very rich desserts. A lot of satisfied "ahh's" were heard.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home