Friday's Rant
Where to begin? Abramoff is going to cooperate with the prosecution, or that is the expectation. Three questions come to mind. Third, do all the politicians, republican and democrat who are racing to return some of the lucre from Jack Abramoff, really expect anyone to trust their ethics now they have waited until old Jack was all but sentenced?
Second, Abramoff boasted about providing over $120,000 to Bush, early in the campaign. [If I find any of the references to this I'll link them.] He is listed as a Pioneer by the campaign which means he provided at least $100,000. So why is the Bush campaign only giving $6000 to a charity? What kind of mockery is this?
Thirdly, what charities? The Brown Shirt Republicans? Neocon think tanks? The fund Kenneth Lay is promoting to prove he is a victim of malicious prosecution? What about the Indian tribes the man ripped off? I have to admit it is a stupid thought, since I strongly suspect his racist comments about the folks he was ripping off are widely accepted in the conservative ranks, and I'm including the pseudo-democrats who took his money, as the only ones I've noticed thus far have a history of being too supportive of w and big business.
Of course the republicans say things like "We don't hate our [any color but white] brothers! They change their culture of dependency. Until they mature we will guide them, direct them, and watch over them so they don't hurt themselves or us." This is a paraphrased from what I have heard so many conservative people tell me. I'd say condescending to an entire ethnic culture is racism, sneakier and more obtuse than we saw with Jim Crow, but no less divisive and demeaning.
Second, Abramoff boasted about providing over $120,000 to Bush, early in the campaign. [If I find any of the references to this I'll link them.] He is listed as a Pioneer by the campaign which means he provided at least $100,000. So why is the Bush campaign only giving $6000 to a charity? What kind of mockery is this?
Thirdly, what charities? The Brown Shirt Republicans? Neocon think tanks? The fund Kenneth Lay is promoting to prove he is a victim of malicious prosecution? What about the Indian tribes the man ripped off? I have to admit it is a stupid thought, since I strongly suspect his racist comments about the folks he was ripping off are widely accepted in the conservative ranks, and I'm including the pseudo-democrats who took his money, as the only ones I've noticed thus far have a history of being too supportive of w and big business.
Of course the republicans say things like "We don't hate our [any color but white] brothers! They change their culture of dependency. Until they mature we will guide them, direct them, and watch over them so they don't hurt themselves or us." This is a paraphrased from what I have heard so many conservative people tell me. I'd say condescending to an entire ethnic culture is racism, sneakier and more obtuse than we saw with Jim Crow, but no less divisive and demeaning.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home