What's That?
Oh, the sound of silence. Done with classes and performances, on vacation, and over six hours before I leave for the airport. There's nothing that needs doing, except some laundry before I pack. Five minutes to do the laundry, twenty minutes to fold and pack. An empty bloody day. Cool. All I've done since finishing errands is eat lunch and find a new sucky show. Drew Carey's Green Screen. A great idea, with shabby, inane, and tediously predictable implementation. To be fair I've only been able to stomach a couple skits. Must find something else to do for my short veg. Maybe a movie or trying out the PlayStation. Naps. Decisions, decisions, decisions. None of them of any import. Pretty cool. This is all the writing I'll do today.
The show went great this weekend. It is funny. The people I told about the show who came and didn't come were not what I would have guessed for over half the people. It was a treat to have some different folks come to the show. Saturday didn't feel quite as good as Friday, but yesterday's matinee rocked again. There is a short bit where Sarah is behind me, my arms behind me, and her arms coming out from under my arms. The gag you've seen in many an improv show, where the person behind supplies the arms. Generally the biggest laugh is where she grabs my twig and berries and I spit on the ground, doing the Italian insult. Yesterday her arm got under one of my suspender straps. Simple, not a big deal. I remembered and took the time to enjoy a take to the suspenders, then to the audience. It doesn't sound like much, but that was the audience's favorite bit in that scene.
A nice finish before our vacation. I haven't decided if I'll take my laptop with me when I go to New York tonight. If I do, maybe I'll have more later this week. If not, later my lovelies.
The show went great this weekend. It is funny. The people I told about the show who came and didn't come were not what I would have guessed for over half the people. It was a treat to have some different folks come to the show. Saturday didn't feel quite as good as Friday, but yesterday's matinee rocked again. There is a short bit where Sarah is behind me, my arms behind me, and her arms coming out from under my arms. The gag you've seen in many an improv show, where the person behind supplies the arms. Generally the biggest laugh is where she grabs my twig and berries and I spit on the ground, doing the Italian insult. Yesterday her arm got under one of my suspender straps. Simple, not a big deal. I remembered and took the time to enjoy a take to the suspenders, then to the audience. It doesn't sound like much, but that was the audience's favorite bit in that scene.
A nice finish before our vacation. I haven't decided if I'll take my laptop with me when I go to New York tonight. If I do, maybe I'll have more later this week. If not, later my lovelies.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home