Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Thursday, December 15, 2005

Something Mare

I have this recurring nightmare, well daymare, or unhappy fantasy. We get done with the show, and this vile British bitch drags me away from my classmates shrilly declaring with glee, "You are the weakest link!"

I'm not doing that badly, but I'm not doing all that great either. I thought I'd made good bit of progress yesterday, and again today. I keep getting the same note. Get your intention to the back row. Shit, fuck, curses of the vilest kind for me. I know I can't push it as that will only make things worse, but I'm still holding in some big way I can't identify. I'm going to go nuts.

Ahhhhh! (That's a despairing scream.) I still love this stuff, even, or especially, when I feel like shit. There is something wrong with me which I am very satisfied with. Theatre people have to be crazy. If we weren't we'd go fucking nuts. Round the bend. Loony toons. I'm happy and down in the mouth. I want a sensuous hug. I want to be cruelly slapped. I...

G'night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home