Smiles
I had trouble sleeping last night, waking every hour or two, and finally waking about half an hour early. The morning news was all about snow, so I took the involuntary early rising to be serendipitous. I got ready a little early, and drove the Vanagon instead of the motorcycle. I still like driving the van a lot. Not only did my best friends give it to me, I still feel their presence when I drive it, and a comforting feeling of bemusement that it now is my vehicle.
It's nice driving to the early morning drill sheltered, warm, and dry. I still get a kick out of the motorcycle, purely for the fun of it and being able to use carpool lanes. Luck kept with me, the daily traffic back up was not present so not using the carpool lanes didn't slow me down, and I got to drill quite early.
I waited around a bit after drill until the office at Freehold opened, to see if anyone had turned in my cell phone. No luck, but I spent fifteen minutes sitting in Caffe Vita's, reading The Stranger, a local iconoclastic rag, and working on a bagel, pear, and soy chai. Simple fare, and it was wonderfully relaxing. I may make that a part of my post drill routine. It certainly makes a nice adjustment on the way to the day job. Yup, put me in a better mood for the whole day. I was even feeling cheery when I wrote my most recent invective earlier today. Now, there is a dichotomy. Writing about our premeditated war crimes and a total loss of any moral compass from the highest echelons of power, and clear down to the mob mentality of the masses without darkening my day. Go figure.
It's nice driving to the early morning drill sheltered, warm, and dry. I still get a kick out of the motorcycle, purely for the fun of it and being able to use carpool lanes. Luck kept with me, the daily traffic back up was not present so not using the carpool lanes didn't slow me down, and I got to drill quite early.
I waited around a bit after drill until the office at Freehold opened, to see if anyone had turned in my cell phone. No luck, but I spent fifteen minutes sitting in Caffe Vita's, reading The Stranger, a local iconoclastic rag, and working on a bagel, pear, and soy chai. Simple fare, and it was wonderfully relaxing. I may make that a part of my post drill routine. It certainly makes a nice adjustment on the way to the day job. Yup, put me in a better mood for the whole day. I was even feeling cheery when I wrote my most recent invective earlier today. Now, there is a dichotomy. Writing about our premeditated war crimes and a total loss of any moral compass from the highest echelons of power, and clear down to the mob mentality of the masses without darkening my day. Go figure.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home