Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Saturday, December 03, 2005

Sere

Stoned or stoner, God's tool or Pharisee?
Righteous -- self righteous, merciful -- fearful?
Who are we now? Which role is ours today?
Once persecuted, now persecutor.

Who casts the first stone now, with spite and glee?
Usurps God's rule, to judge others awful?
They hate queers, hate Jews, pray for more to flay.
To hold others down, they made Him their whore.

Stoned or stoner, God's tool or Pharisee?
Righteous -- self righteous, merciful -- fearful?
Who are we now? Which role is ours today?
Once persecuted, now persecutor.

Self-pedestalled pious pretenders feed
Choking all spirit from the church succeed
Killing God again, while the world totters --
The Father's fresh out of Sons and Daughters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home