Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Thursday, December 08, 2005

Counting Down

Okay, my grief with the blog editing was user error. Damn those users! The missing post I'd accidentally put in my class journal. And it really is possible to reset the date and time for the post. The interface was changed so it is hidden, and the functionality for showing it was not intuitive for me. A little thing that says ">Post and Comment Options", which means configuration to me, things like turning comments or security off and on.

The Onion has come out of stupid land. They were so imitation vanilla for a while it was painful. The last couple weeks they had several great articles, which I saw thanks to Richard. This week another fun article. Though, could it be true...
          Voice Of God Revealed To Be Cheney On Intercom

It's nice they found their edge again. They were getting as putridly dull as MadTV. The magazine (MAD) which was juvenile and satirical and had fun with establishment abuses of power was still fun last time I checked. MadTV is the neocon version, complete with excessive meanness in a reality show way and whiney about liberalism. There is nearly as much to lampoon so-called liberals with as there is for conservatives. So why go all whiney? Admittedly I've only seen a few minutes of the show a handful of times. Each time is was pitiful. At least The Onion moved away from that territory.

I'm tired as all get out. Feeling pretty good, though I'm too lethargic at work. The upcoming vacation which starts next Tuesday will be a blessing.

During drill this morning we worked on scenes, and it was very satisfying to feel myself further find the character, the meaning, and improve. It is still frustrating I can't just do it all at once. To be honest, a lot of it is already there when I start now, so in a way I do get some things all at once. But not without homework. I really like working with Ben. We ran through our scene a number of times, at least six or seven times. It's terrific, because you really start finding stuff, which gives you more room to find other things to work on and develop.

I feel like Scott. Not an artist. Not a programmer. Just Scott. I think of myself as an actor or an artist. As a programmer. A little pat on the back coming here. I don't feel like the Scott of six years ago. He's pretty hard to recall now, and his life didn't feel rich. Now I feel I have a lot to lose, and more importantly a lot to gain.

Like I said, Scott's kind of tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home