Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Wednesday, November 02, 2005

More Animal Cruelty

I felt crappy yesterday. I wanted nothing more than to go home and sleep for twelve hours. I was not looking forward to going to class one bit. I certainly didn't want to miss it either. So, on with the riding gear and out of the office early per my Tuesday routine. I forgot my sweatshirt, and it was cold. I knew it would be colder on the say home. Crap.

What a surprise. Once in the studio and working I felt better, alert, excited. I didn't expect that. I'll take it as a sign that I'm getting a level of comfort with the training. Meaning, I'm not blocking myself. Or at least not like in past pursuits.

You gotta' love the Walmart bargain basement mouthpieces running our country. I can't eat anymore while I'm reading the news. Every time there is some GOP crook whining about the grandstanding and low ethics of the democrats it causes me to choke. Don't want to do that when I'm eating. Suppose I did and totally against character it was some conservative who noticed and tried to administer the Heimlich Maneuver. They'd likely take Coulter's advice about how to treat liberals, and stop upon seeing the little poster on my wall (below). There are better ways to go than others, but having some coward gleefully watch me turn blue is near the bottom of the list:



I've been a little quiet regarding the animals running our country lately. I have better things to think about, or at least to write about. Once you've described something which smells of a hideously decomposing, diseased corpse how can you describe increased putrescence? Long ago it reached the max level our senses can perceive. I suppose you can smell it from farther away, but that doesn't add much to the description. Or that it is so pervasive that oxygen is depleted. Simile amok...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of the animals running our country, did you hear/read this quote from "Scooter" Libby's novel, "The Apprentice" (1996)?

"At age ten the madam put the child in a cage with a bear trained to couple with young girls so the girls would be frigid and not fall in love with their patrons. They fed her through the bars and aroused the bear with a stick when it seemed to lose interest."

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home