Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Saturday, November 12, 2005

Little Ole Rants

I'm fed up with Pat Robertson declaring obscenities in the name of God. He is one of our country's most shameful embarrassments. I sent the following to ABC, and really will block the channels in the next few days.
I am blocking all ABC affiliated stations I can identify in my household.

In my region 700 Club plays on the ABC Family channel of all places, which clearly demonstrates your idea of family values includes calling for the assassination of foreign leaders and nuclear attacks on our own soil.

It is of course your option to carry programming for hate groups. It is my option to let you know what I think about it.
I doubt it will have any affect, unless a few million other folks do the same (figure the odds). I discovered ABC (http:www.abc.com) has persistent pop ups, designed to defeat the blockers I have set. Tells me all I need to know about them.

The little screeching w is claiming debate about Iraq undermines the troops. Um, sending them on an unjustifiable war with skewed intelligence is somehow supporting the troops? This is as evil as arguing to support the war in order to honor the 2000 troops who have already been killed.

The little screeching w is also whining we can't rewrite history about why we went to war. Typical neocon strategy of accusing the opposition of your worst faults. It might be wearing thin this time, as it his rewrite of intelligence (history) which is being challenged.

The little screeching w tells us congress saw the same intelligence he did. Little error there, he saw the same intelligence they did. They didn't see all the intelligence he did, not a bit of that which people like Tenet (if you can remember the old news stories) who advised the w house not to use the yellow cake story.

The little screeching w tells us we have to keep up the war on terrorism. He created a strong terrorist base in Iraq which wasn't there before, that future Americans will have to deal with. I would say there is now a credible threat from Iraq, and it was relentlessly nurtured by w. It will almost certainly come back to haunt us horribly. At what point do we do something to ameliorate the grave threat we have created instead of further exacerbating it?

The little screeching w tells us questioning the war is causing the terrorists he spawned to question America's will. So what? The focus should now be on limiting the number of terrorists for future generations to deal with, which have been created by an utterly corrupt leadership in the US.

The little screeching w tells us a pack of lies and uses the deaths of our troops to justify his agenda, and fully expects America to acquiesce again. After crying "Wolf" 2439 times he seems incapable of fathoming that America is tired of being fooled. The conservative faithful are now openly challenging his integrity.

The little screeching w may be starting to crumble. It does not afford me any happiness. The little bastard is directly responsible for countless American deaths, and I believe many, many more are to come. He's directly responsible for many times that many civilian deaths, though sadly the deaths of these non-christian non-white human beings doesn't seem to generate notable concern among the members of either party.

Ultimately it is the fault of every person who voted for w this time. The evidence of a manufactured war was there for anyone who would use their noodle. His attacks on the courage of commended combat veterans from both parties over the years, and the secrecy shrouding his cushy National Guard service should tell us all we ever needed to know about his integrity. You think daddy, the former president and DCI could have pulled strings to come up with the records? And daddy, what happened to the records in the first place?

Every member of congress who voted to grant him power to start the war is also at fault. Admittedly balanced intelligence was withheld, but if a former Lieutenant (me) who collected and analyzed intelligence could see through the demagoguery at the time, certainly professional demagogues should have as well.

To wrap it up on a lighter note, sort of. So the Turd Blossom scraped some doggie doo off the bottom of his shoe, and ultimately wiped it on the carpet of the oval office. After five years people are finally starting to ask, "Um, what's that smell?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home