Frost, Jack
Crikey, it was cold for this area this morning. I'd swear heavy frost generally made it's appearance by September or early October when I was a kid. Global warming, or at least Pacific Northwest warming, has made a hothouse flower of me. Riding the motorcycle doesn't make me feel any warmer. I knew it was likely to be chilly this morning, when there was already frost when I went home at 10 PM after last night's class rehearsal.
I hadn't ridden the motorcycle since last Tuesday. You know that feeling when you are getting ready to jump into cold water? You expect you'll adjust to it, it's mostly trying to decide if the anticipation of the slow wade or sudden jump bothers you more. You don't have as much choice on a motorcycle, but for me it is the same feeling. It isn't so bad after all, just like jumping into the water usually ends up being nearly pleasant after all the futzing around. Are we that way about our lives, constantly in need of jumping into cold water to grow in experience and let ourselves enjoy?
I'm thinking about that hot bath I didn't get around to last time I was feeling the weather. The difference being I don't have a zillion things to do today. After work I want to do character homework. I'm thinking I'll go across the street from my house walk around the track at the junior high a time or two as my character. I may go to the upper field if there are people on the track. I might get distracted working on commedia physicality, feeling eyes upon me. Even if it is that weird energy of people trying not to look at you. It is a bizarre and extended physicality, and while I'd like be able to tune out the outside world, I want to get some work done and the posture burnt in a bit, without working on seeming self-consciousness at the same time. At this juncture I'm doing plenty of other things to get over that.
I got to drill slightly early, and everyone else was late. It turns out two of them had arbitrarily decided on starting at 8:30 instead of 8:00. The other missed, which quite surprised me. I hope he is alright. The room was just warm I didn't feel I needed to go up to our locker for my wrestling shoes, which I use for movement, or simply because they are more comfortable than my riding boots. Being happy barefoot, I swept the floor, and worked for twenty-five minutes or so, mostly doing routines that were a bit strenuous working up a light sweat and deep breathing. We aren't preparing for movement class, but I just felt like doing some of the more rigorous work. Not a life change yet, but a hopeful sign. It felt good, and I expect will help with the physical work we are doing for the commedia piece by Goldoni.
It was a good back to the Monday grind. The break was gorgeous, though I'd have liked to spend more time with friends. As it turns out, I had just enough time to get enough homework done to get the most out of yesterday's class, which was rehearsal. The class is split in two, and I'm in the half being directed by John. Both halves got through about the first half of our blocking, so Tuesday will be much the same. Sunday is a longer class day, but we spent some time doing a read through for George, and then talking logistics and philosophy with George and John.
During the holiday weekend I did no work or homework on Thursday. I left the day job behind the whole weekend, but started back on the homework again on Friday. It was fun to have drinks and, er, organic smokes. Somehow, it was mostly pro forma. Break, yippee, have a drink, have a smoke. I actually looked forward to resuming my abstinent lifestyle last night. I suppose that is a good thing. That I didn't have any trouble or resistance to reboarding the wagon.
Paula sent me some church bulletin/announcement jokes, some of which I'd seen before. My favorite is one I hadn't seen before, or is funnier to me than the last time I saw a similar list three or four years ago. Reading it for my proofread gave me another chuckle.
Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please use the back door.
I hadn't ridden the motorcycle since last Tuesday. You know that feeling when you are getting ready to jump into cold water? You expect you'll adjust to it, it's mostly trying to decide if the anticipation of the slow wade or sudden jump bothers you more. You don't have as much choice on a motorcycle, but for me it is the same feeling. It isn't so bad after all, just like jumping into the water usually ends up being nearly pleasant after all the futzing around. Are we that way about our lives, constantly in need of jumping into cold water to grow in experience and let ourselves enjoy?
I'm thinking about that hot bath I didn't get around to last time I was feeling the weather. The difference being I don't have a zillion things to do today. After work I want to do character homework. I'm thinking I'll go across the street from my house walk around the track at the junior high a time or two as my character. I may go to the upper field if there are people on the track. I might get distracted working on commedia physicality, feeling eyes upon me. Even if it is that weird energy of people trying not to look at you. It is a bizarre and extended physicality, and while I'd like be able to tune out the outside world, I want to get some work done and the posture burnt in a bit, without working on seeming self-consciousness at the same time. At this juncture I'm doing plenty of other things to get over that.
I got to drill slightly early, and everyone else was late. It turns out two of them had arbitrarily decided on starting at 8:30 instead of 8:00. The other missed, which quite surprised me. I hope he is alright. The room was just warm I didn't feel I needed to go up to our locker for my wrestling shoes, which I use for movement, or simply because they are more comfortable than my riding boots. Being happy barefoot, I swept the floor, and worked for twenty-five minutes or so, mostly doing routines that were a bit strenuous working up a light sweat and deep breathing. We aren't preparing for movement class, but I just felt like doing some of the more rigorous work. Not a life change yet, but a hopeful sign. It felt good, and I expect will help with the physical work we are doing for the commedia piece by Goldoni.
It was a good back to the Monday grind. The break was gorgeous, though I'd have liked to spend more time with friends. As it turns out, I had just enough time to get enough homework done to get the most out of yesterday's class, which was rehearsal. The class is split in two, and I'm in the half being directed by John. Both halves got through about the first half of our blocking, so Tuesday will be much the same. Sunday is a longer class day, but we spent some time doing a read through for George, and then talking logistics and philosophy with George and John.
During the holiday weekend I did no work or homework on Thursday. I left the day job behind the whole weekend, but started back on the homework again on Friday. It was fun to have drinks and, er, organic smokes. Somehow, it was mostly pro forma. Break, yippee, have a drink, have a smoke. I actually looked forward to resuming my abstinent lifestyle last night. I suppose that is a good thing. That I didn't have any trouble or resistance to reboarding the wagon.
Paula sent me some church bulletin/announcement jokes, some of which I'd seen before. My favorite is one I hadn't seen before, or is funnier to me than the last time I saw a similar list three or four years ago. Reading it for my proofread gave me another chuckle.
Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please use the back door.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home