Belly Laugh
Okay, this jazzed me and will likely go in my class journal too (for the one and half people besides me who read that one). We were doing warm up exercises for movement. Lying down on the floor with our arms and legs stretched out, making our bodies as straight and long as possible. We were rolling a half, a whole, and a roll and a half to the right or left. Part of the exercise was to stay straight and just flip over. George kept saying do it faster, no, no, no, faster! It really was kind of fun.
I was happy to be doing it. Some of the other exercises we were doing were challenging for me today, as I felt something like severe incipient cramps in my upper chest and back. I can't help but wonder if it was a toxic reaction to something, as it was accompanied with nausea. Quite disturbing physically, and frustrating. Maybe some bizarre stress manifestation? I was certainly pleased when the discomfort ebbed, then got onto other exercises.
Back to the rolls. Well we finished, and all of us returned to a belly down position. Then George said to pop our bodies off the floor from that extended lying down position. Yeah, right. We were flopping like fish which had been landed a while back. I decided to try something, a bit of visualization and physical action, and got myself a tiny bit off the ground. A sixteenth of an inch maybe, then a bit over an inch. Meanwhile George goes, "Go Scott! Go!", in his excited voice. He's a very funny fellow and it took me a bit to realize he wasn't simply playing. I don't think I really caught on until we were done and George asked, "Who got off the ground?"
I was the only one to raise my hand, and I was looking around to see who else raised their hand. "I don't think I ever saw anyone do that," George said. Between you and me, I didn't believe him for a second but I was flattered anyway, as I felt like the village idiot on Sunday. I got(?) to demonstrate a few times for the class. There was a feeling of accomplishment for me as the biggest, and one of the older students achieving a physical challenge. There was a bigger and lovely feeling of the absurdly ridiculous. I was flopping on the floor in a way which got me off the floor like a gasping flounder for all my classmates. It made me feel like laughing. I'm still one of my favorite things to laugh at.
I was happy to be doing it. Some of the other exercises we were doing were challenging for me today, as I felt something like severe incipient cramps in my upper chest and back. I can't help but wonder if it was a toxic reaction to something, as it was accompanied with nausea. Quite disturbing physically, and frustrating. Maybe some bizarre stress manifestation? I was certainly pleased when the discomfort ebbed, then got onto other exercises.
Back to the rolls. Well we finished, and all of us returned to a belly down position. Then George said to pop our bodies off the floor from that extended lying down position. Yeah, right. We were flopping like fish which had been landed a while back. I decided to try something, a bit of visualization and physical action, and got myself a tiny bit off the ground. A sixteenth of an inch maybe, then a bit over an inch. Meanwhile George goes, "Go Scott! Go!", in his excited voice. He's a very funny fellow and it took me a bit to realize he wasn't simply playing. I don't think I really caught on until we were done and George asked, "Who got off the ground?"
I was the only one to raise my hand, and I was looking around to see who else raised their hand. "I don't think I ever saw anyone do that," George said. Between you and me, I didn't believe him for a second but I was flattered anyway, as I felt like the village idiot on Sunday. I got(?) to demonstrate a few times for the class. There was a feeling of accomplishment for me as the biggest, and one of the older students achieving a physical challenge. There was a bigger and lovely feeling of the absurdly ridiculous. I was flopping on the floor in a way which got me off the floor like a gasping flounder for all my classmates. It made me feel like laughing. I'm still one of my favorite things to laugh at.
1 Comments:
I'm the "one" of the one-and-a-half who read your other blog.
Post a Comment
<< Home