Want A Ride?
Don, my classmate from several classes and Meisner, and now ETI just picked up my old motorcycle. He was talking about wanting a motorcycle for class, and I offered my Suzuki on an extended loan. Kind of a surprise for Don. Two things played into my offer. The surface and initial thought was because I had the bike, and he could use it. Not a sacrifice for me, and a help for a friend. Secondly, I really like that old bike, but not as forgotten garage sculpture. It is meant to be ridden, and is a sound bike, especially considering it is twenty-seven years old. I recently had the brakes and engine rebuilt on a trade with a friend from my motorcycle shop.
I really am happy to see it out and getting used again. I've not ridden it regularly for six months, and it misses the attention and use. The bike I learned to ride on was the same year, make, and model, the next size down. I weigh more now, and training in military jets acclimatized me to acceleration. The result is this 750cc motorcycle rides just the way I remember that old 550cc machine which I learned on, so I really like that old bike.
One of those nice win-win situations, which leaves both parties feeling they gained something valuable.
Going to the Intiman tonight. I think the last show I saw was Frozen, so it will be a treat. Before ETI, I'd been seeing fifty or more shows a year for at least five years. Going from once a week to once a month has been a bit of an adjustment. Well twice, as I'll see the opera on Friday.
All in all it has been a great day and I'm looking forward to dinner and a show with Beth and my folks this evening. Wonderful, though I'll be pretty sleepy by the time I get home. That's okay, it is simply a precedent, as I have to get up early for a 7:30 AM drill followed by two hours of rehearsal. I think just maybe I'll go to bed early tomorrow.
I really am happy to see it out and getting used again. I've not ridden it regularly for six months, and it misses the attention and use. The bike I learned to ride on was the same year, make, and model, the next size down. I weigh more now, and training in military jets acclimatized me to acceleration. The result is this 750cc motorcycle rides just the way I remember that old 550cc machine which I learned on, so I really like that old bike.
One of those nice win-win situations, which leaves both parties feeling they gained something valuable.
Going to the Intiman tonight. I think the last show I saw was Frozen, so it will be a treat. Before ETI, I'd been seeing fifty or more shows a year for at least five years. Going from once a week to once a month has been a bit of an adjustment. Well twice, as I'll see the opera on Friday.
All in all it has been a great day and I'm looking forward to dinner and a show with Beth and my folks this evening. Wonderful, though I'll be pretty sleepy by the time I get home. That's okay, it is simply a precedent, as I have to get up early for a 7:30 AM drill followed by two hours of rehearsal. I think just maybe I'll go to bed early tomorrow.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home