Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Monday, October 17, 2005

On And On, Going

I'd like to see Frozen again, but likely won't. I understand it's changed quite a bit since I saw the third preview, and that performance left me floored. I haven't found anyone who would like to go (hint, hint for you local readers). I have gone to lots of shows by myself, but with my schedule I'm much more likely to look at the time on Friday after class, yawn, and go home early hoping to get to sleep early. Geesh, I'd really like to see Wit too. Judging by previous productions at Seattle Public Theatre this is very likely to be an outstanding show. Two of the best three shows I saw last year were there, so it would be a hard choice. I think I'd go for Frozen, as I really want to see how it has developed.

Sometimes I've not a clue with regards to this blog. (And why is the word 'blog' not in the blog spellchecker? or spellchecker?) Saturday on the way home I was thinking I should stop writing so many of these internal thought chasing and development posts. You know, give people a break. In hindsight it feels indulgent, and while I write this for myself, there is a public filter of sorts in my head. So, I got some nice feedback. Go figure.

The essay I mentioned which I liked so much was "Learning To Love The Plateau", by George Leonard. It was from his book "Mastery", and it was about aikido, not tai chi.

My friend BD posted disturbing toy. Next will be the national id card game, a resurrection of the same game from the apartheid days of South Africa. On the lighter side, follow his link "train". Now I want to order the sicko toy just to make some more iconoclastic pictures.

We have already finished six weeks of ETI. Nine more weeks this quarter. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. Then, why does it seem like forever? I'm loving it, and can't imagine finishing. We are learning and growing, and the direction has to change. Life moves on. I can't yet comprehend what that will be or feel like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home