Wow We
Somehow this seemed the first full day of ETI, though we had plenty of class work on Tuesday. Something about working theatre during the work day, and diving straight into everything, very little introduction, even compared to the scant amount on Tuesday. Getting right into it.
It is faded considerably, but I'm still working to subdue that "Oh my God, what have I gotten myself into?" As I alluded above, the day time experience was a changing for me. Riding my motorcycle back home across the bridge, I realized I had just spent the day time, a work day, in theatre. Eight hours, including three and a half hours of movement, and I am already notably sore, yet it was a wonderful feeling. It reminded me of why I am pursuing this training. I want it to be my day job. I'm looking at everyone's work already, plus the type of training we're doing already, and can hardly wait to see what we can create. We've not been on our feet acting yet, but voice, speech, movement, and combat has shown I have classmates that are open and eager. Comforting and challenging.
Lots more I could write, and some will go into the class journal blog. Right now I need to eat and get to sleep, as I have to wake up at 3AM for (code) release night at my current day job. One closing thought I'll leave you with, which will show up in my other journal. George the movement instructor was discussing what we do with ourselves on stage, and said something I found very important, "If there is no choice there is no art."
It is faded considerably, but I'm still working to subdue that "Oh my God, what have I gotten myself into?" As I alluded above, the day time experience was a changing for me. Riding my motorcycle back home across the bridge, I realized I had just spent the day time, a work day, in theatre. Eight hours, including three and a half hours of movement, and I am already notably sore, yet it was a wonderful feeling. It reminded me of why I am pursuing this training. I want it to be my day job. I'm looking at everyone's work already, plus the type of training we're doing already, and can hardly wait to see what we can create. We've not been on our feet acting yet, but voice, speech, movement, and combat has shown I have classmates that are open and eager. Comforting and challenging.
Lots more I could write, and some will go into the class journal blog. Right now I need to eat and get to sleep, as I have to wake up at 3AM for (code) release night at my current day job. One closing thought I'll leave you with, which will show up in my other journal. George the movement instructor was discussing what we do with ourselves on stage, and said something I found very important, "If there is no choice there is no art."
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home