A Bit Off
Yesterday was the two year anniversary of when I started the Meisner Progression. The only other class start date I remember is March 25, 1984, when I reported for basic training in the Navy. What do they have in common, that I remeber the date with such clarity? Both those dates mark the beginning a concrete commitment to a large change in my life.
Today I'm feeling more like I did in 1984 Pensacola. We all got nasty head colds the first week of training. Right now I'm fighting a bug, which I think I got from my officemate. There is no good time to catch a bug, but this isn't as bad a time as others. We'll finish work on our Tennessee Williams pieces tomorrow, and next week we'll be starting Pinter's The Dumbwaiter. No rehearsals until after we are assigned scene partners. We'll be spending this week in script analysis. That means I can work on it at home, and will be able to find more time for sleeping. Right when I'll really need it. I hope it does the trick.
Today is full. A couple hours rehearsal in the morning, I'm at work now for eight hours, then to a fund raiser for Exchange Theatre, and to meet Paula, Steve and others for Paula's birthday. The latter two events will be short for me so I can get to sleep. During all this I want to get off book for the scene we'll work tomorrow. It's not required, but it would certainly make the work more fun.
Well, I decided I'm going to have to miss everything tonight, unless I miraculously feel chipper in the next few hours. My friends will miss me a little, but I'm certainly not under the impression their world turns around me. That is the misconception of those without enough real friends. You likely have too much invested in too few relationships, and expect them to have the same unbalance. I realized I was reverting to that very old unbalanced habit, and begged off with Vince, and Steve and Paula. I suppose it's another case where having healthy relationships allows you to be healthier physically.
Today I'm feeling more like I did in 1984 Pensacola. We all got nasty head colds the first week of training. Right now I'm fighting a bug, which I think I got from my officemate. There is no good time to catch a bug, but this isn't as bad a time as others. We'll finish work on our Tennessee Williams pieces tomorrow, and next week we'll be starting Pinter's The Dumbwaiter. No rehearsals until after we are assigned scene partners. We'll be spending this week in script analysis. That means I can work on it at home, and will be able to find more time for sleeping. Right when I'll really need it. I hope it does the trick.
Today is full. A couple hours rehearsal in the morning, I'm at work now for eight hours, then to a fund raiser for Exchange Theatre, and to meet Paula, Steve and others for Paula's birthday. The latter two events will be short for me so I can get to sleep. During all this I want to get off book for the scene we'll work tomorrow. It's not required, but it would certainly make the work more fun.
Well, I decided I'm going to have to miss everything tonight, unless I miraculously feel chipper in the next few hours. My friends will miss me a little, but I'm certainly not under the impression their world turns around me. That is the misconception of those without enough real friends. You likely have too much invested in too few relationships, and expect them to have the same unbalance. I realized I was reverting to that very old unbalanced habit, and begged off with Vince, and Steve and Paula. I suppose it's another case where having healthy relationships allows you to be healthier physically.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home