False Dawn
Shopping, arghh! And I made a major life change. Boxers. No more needs to be said, thankfully for all. I've been either following or missing a demographic for the last 30 years. My inseam has been the same since I was in my late teens, yet stores never have my waist size in regular stock. Always lots a size or two larger or smaller, but rarely one in my size de jour. Thus trousers have never been a matter of choice, but a matter of what the freaking stores have. Sears, Penneys, Costco, Freddie, K-Mart, and even the one time fifteen years ago I wandered into a WalMart, which was just a brand new yet shabby and slightly overpriced eye sore on the outskirts of a depressed area. What's the deal? Do I match a very common size which can't be kept in stock, or do I manage to always be thinner or heavier than the sizes which are worth stocking? I have a dream. To be able to choose trousers because I want them, and not because they fit.
ETI starts in two weeks, which prompted my shopping excursion. I want new informal clothes, especially solid dark shirts. The type I like for rehearsals and classes. Most of my rehearsal shirts are beginning to show some wear, so new shirts and skivvies is sort of a personal commitment to the class. I didn't get everything I wanted, so there will be some more shopping for trousers and socks in the next two weeks.
I get to meet my classmates tonight, we have an orientation meeting at 6PM. I am looking forward to meeting my family for the next year with much anticipation. My nerves have my heart up in my throat a ways. I want to leave the office now, not in three hours. Wait, no, I want three more weeks. Are actors crazy, or does it make us crazy? The latter I suppose. We learn to recognize and embrace it.
The peach wine is coming along. If it turns out we'll crack some for a celebration. I added the yeast just before I left for Steve and Paula's wedding, making it in my mind the official start date. Before that it was simply a (tasty) fruit juice. It didn't do much until yesterday afternoon, and this morning the smell of busy yeast was just beginning to waft about the kitchen. Tonight or tomorrow it will be quite strong, and last for a week. I tried a different yeast strain this time. I don't know if it will make a difference, because I've found the pungent yeasty smell pleasant for about as long as it lasts. It will also be ready about the time ETI is done. I'm thinking about starting some mead too, as it is another that takes a full year, and was quite a hit. I've a few friends that like mead anyway, and like my homemade better than anything they've found in the store.
Well, I've got some processes finishing up and can bury myself in the job again until it is time to go. First meeting of the ETI class, and I have to wait even longer for the first actual class.
ETI starts in two weeks, which prompted my shopping excursion. I want new informal clothes, especially solid dark shirts. The type I like for rehearsals and classes. Most of my rehearsal shirts are beginning to show some wear, so new shirts and skivvies is sort of a personal commitment to the class. I didn't get everything I wanted, so there will be some more shopping for trousers and socks in the next two weeks.
I get to meet my classmates tonight, we have an orientation meeting at 6PM. I am looking forward to meeting my family for the next year with much anticipation. My nerves have my heart up in my throat a ways. I want to leave the office now, not in three hours. Wait, no, I want three more weeks. Are actors crazy, or does it make us crazy? The latter I suppose. We learn to recognize and embrace it.
The peach wine is coming along. If it turns out we'll crack some for a celebration. I added the yeast just before I left for Steve and Paula's wedding, making it in my mind the official start date. Before that it was simply a (tasty) fruit juice. It didn't do much until yesterday afternoon, and this morning the smell of busy yeast was just beginning to waft about the kitchen. Tonight or tomorrow it will be quite strong, and last for a week. I tried a different yeast strain this time. I don't know if it will make a difference, because I've found the pungent yeasty smell pleasant for about as long as it lasts. It will also be ready about the time ETI is done. I'm thinking about starting some mead too, as it is another that takes a full year, and was quite a hit. I've a few friends that like mead anyway, and like my homemade better than anything they've found in the store.
Well, I've got some processes finishing up and can bury myself in the job again until it is time to go. First meeting of the ETI class, and I have to wait even longer for the first actual class.
1 Comments:
You already feel like you're on the ride.
On the practical side -- try those Big & Tall men's stores. And ask around, to find others. I had to hunt to find a store which always has stuff that fits me. Now I don't shop anywhere else.
Post a Comment
<< Home